any interest in custom recaro/bride rails for ep91/82

As above guys, been looking into different ways of fitting some seats and the only conclusion i have come to that i would be comfortable with would be to get some rails specific to these seats.

Zep ones are silly amounts but have found some one who could be willing to make some for me, so this is just a little interest thread if you like to see if anyone else would be up for a set?

Edited by mattyD

lol, well that would be up to peeps to decide :)

me personally, i dont care! :D so long as the seats fit and work on the rails fine thats good enough for me :)

plus they would be a bit cheaper than the real thing ;)

Would they be tested to check they're safe? Things could get bad if you sold them and they failed in an accident. Also you'd need permission from Nanglebadger for group buys etc, it's not usually permitted for members.

yeh they would be tested mate, i wouldnt want them if they werent tested! im not trying to run a group buy, its purely just putting the idea out there to see if any one would be interested and then il see if i can move things forward :)

Thats fair enough mate, it was purely to see if the interest was out there and by the looks of things everyone has got the the same point of view as you and idrees so i may just knock it on the head!

looks like im going to have to buy the bullet and spend :( lol! but as you say, safety is much more important than saving a couple of quid :)

I'll leave to the clever industrious little fellows that hail from the motherland ;)

^^^ thats what i thought mate, and they would be exact copies made from decent sliders with the the obvious ep82/91 mounts

a ready made frame for a quick swap of seats, no cutting/welding involved! surely they would be safer than that?

i`d be interested, tbh youd just have to make sure the welds have good penetration/the metal used is adequate aswell as the seat belt buckle being solid....how you`d test a seat rail is beyond me lol

if i was to get a batch made up, i have found a place that does vehicle saftey testing and providing i had a seat to bolt to the rails, they can test every single one for me............................but obviously this would cost, and the cost of the testing i would probably have to add on to the cost of the rails :(

how would you go about making them? would you start with a decent set of sliders and weld fittings to suit or start from scratch and make a whole new frame?

i imagine if sold for off road use only, people will still use them for daily driving and if this is the case...................would they be safe? :D

it is me who is going to be making these,and why matty has started the thread.ive sent geo a message about them this morning.

as for load bearing etc,i doubt that zep,bride,or even recaro put these into cars and go crashing them!

these rails will be extremley strong,and be the exact same as bride/recaro/zep ones.

ive made them before,in various guises,and im currently making up the recaro one for a member to test fit etc.

i started a thread because as i mentioned to you i was going to see if i could get any more interest in them, i didnt mention i was going to make them did i? lol!

geo is away at the moment anyway, best off messaging nanglebadger me thinks! :)

i started a thread because as i mentioned to you i was going to see if i could get any more interest in them, i didnt mention i was going to make them did i? lol!

geo is away at the moment anyway, best off messaging nanglebadger me thinks! :)

i didnt mean it like that matty,i know your not making them,im just putting my name in that ill be making them,and that if anyone had any questions or doubts over the quality,just ask me. ;)

cheers,ill message phil now.

i've already made my position on these clear.

you can "doubt" what ZEP etc do and don't do all day long Jonny, but u have no evidence of their practices.

im not being a prick J-C, you've known me long enough to know that. my concern is for the site. if a brake manufacturer on here were to sell brakes and something go wrong, the person can come back on that manufacturer / supplier.

u sell a sub frame on here, it snaps in a frontal collision and someone goes out the window, who do they come back on?? you're just a username!! its me and Geo that everyone has name and contact details for.

until this matter is run past Geo's sister from a legal point of view, this isn't happening on this forum. Sorry. Im not a lawyer and so this idea makes me nervous if something goes wrong.

if u wish to sell them privately through EMAIL NOT PM, that's not my business, but until i hear from Geo and his sister, these aren't being done through UKSC.

anyone who "thinks" they know the law and knows better than I can feel free to PM me their perspective, but there aren't too many of you that are solicitors.

Phil.