best manifold for a 91 na

deffo a glanza inlet with the standard 45mm throttle body and standard air intake + K+N panel for me....nice torque and good top-end (107mph proven on track...imo 110 is where it would top out doesnt have the guts to use the extra 1k revs)

as for the exhaust manifold, looking at ryan langs/robs cars neither got gains on the dyno when adding the obx/diy 4-2-1 manifolds iirc...i dont think having a decat helped anyone either...both didnt have any management so mabe this was key?

the only "tuned" N/A on here is enzos which has the highest bhp 4e-fe to begin with anyway so adds in different variables (higher rev mainly)....that has a jap spec fujitsubo manifold iirc and is beast

the only real experience i have is, i drove mine without a backbox for a couple of days and the torque just wasnt there for me.....hated it...rev`ed free-er tho but that was it...this put me off from getting anything done to the exhaust

my advice would be

1) leave the exhaust manifold alone and concentrate on the intake...till someone has dyno proven results......or

2) be a game changer and find out what works with before and after dyno results messing around with fueling etc etc

ive got the glanza inlet manifold and also the corolla 4-2-1 exhuast mani with 2.5" cat back exhuast system and its made a massive difference, especially on motorway.

can drive 90mph+ much better was driving with a lexus is250 behind me on m62 doing 113mph last week and wanted more but had to slow down due to trafic and speed cameras.

most ive done so far is touching 119 :p

the corolla exhuast manifold does make a difference in torque and pulling power.

i would have loved to improve my n/a system more but now have the tubo conversion in the works and will soon sell my n/a gear.

is the corolla manifold the one off the 4a-fe engine?

nope its off a gen 1 corolla 1.3 (4efe) look between the years 93 to 95... they also came with the same inlet mani as the turbo but different throttle body..

mine made some nice gains raffa, but it was overfueling like a bitch on the day of the RR. we sorted the issue, but we wasnt allowed back on the dyno to try it out :( bit gutted really :( i think if i had it dyno'd as it was at japfest 2, it would have topped 90bhp easily

nope its off a gen 1 corolla 1.3 (4efe) look between the years 93 to 95... they also came with the same inlet mani as the turbo but different throttle body..

these are hard to find, went looking for one at the scrappers down my end as i was looking for parts for the civic

mine made some nice gains raffa, but it was overfueling like a bitch on the day of the RR. we sorted the issue, but we wasnt allowed back on the dyno to try it out :( bit gutted really :( i think if i had it dyno'd as it was at japfest 2, it would have topped 90bhp easily

I know i was gutted when you told me, would have loved to carry on modding it as an n/a as they are such fun, never let me down ;) now i need more power ;)

deffo a glanza inlet with the standard 45mm throttle body and standard air intake + K+N panel for me....nice torque and good top-end (107mph proven on track...imo 110 is where it would top out doesnt have the guts to use the extra 1k revs)

as for the exhaust manifold, looking at ryan langs/robs cars neither got gains on the dyno when adding the obx/diy 4-2-1 manifolds iirc...i dont think having a decat helped anyone either...both didnt have any management so mabe this was key?

the only "tuned" N/A on here is enzos which has the highest bhp 4e-fe to begin with anyway so adds in different variables (higher rev mainly)....that has a jap spec fujitsubo manifold iirc and is beast

the only real experience i have is, i drove mine without a backbox for a couple of days and the torque just wasnt there for me.....hated it...rev`ed free-er tho but that was it...this put me off from getting anything done to the exhaust

my advice would be

1) leave the exhaust manifold alone and concentrate on the intake...till someone has dyno proven results......or

2) be a game changer and find out what works with before and after dyno results messing around with fueling etc etc

110mph? your engine must b pretty sick then mate because my old black sr with an induction kit and decat on the standard system with TTE backbox and stripped rear interior hit 117mph n still had 600rpm to go before it bounced on a flat dual carriageway!

had to slow down because of traffic unfortunately

Yup, it hit 107 and i have no reason to believe it wouldnt go up to 110, my N/A is fully loaded with very little done to reduce weight

Theres very little in it 110 vs 119 vs 117, i just cant justify spending the money on a exhaust set up so havent done so

Yup, it hit 107 and i have no reason to believe it wouldnt go up to 110, my N/A is fully loaded with very little done to reduce weight

Theres very little in it 110 vs 119 vs 117, i just cant justify spending the money on a exhaust set up so havent done so

like the above results you guys have, its only been roughly a year since i have actually started to mod the car looking for performance as the car use to struggle to 90mph and didnt feel safe and only use to drive it 75mph ish on the motorway.

now its totaly different and free flowing and getting upto high speeds is very easily done especially with the 6speed gearbox fitted lowering the load on the car.

The other things i would have done is to get an induction kit fitted and sort the fueling out and have a lightened flywheel before spending big bucks.