Jakes track inspired Glanza

soooo.. been meaning to get a build thread up for this for a while now, just never got round to it.

Bough a Glanza v about year and a half ago, compeletly standard apart from exhaust, boost gauge and crappy old steering wheel.. looked like this when i got her:

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

Driving it home felt alot off wobble in the steering so investigated to find one the studs was loose, and the rest wobbly which basically ate the alloy, then i replaced the studs and got new alloys..

SDC11487.jpg

SDC11579.jpg

they are Team Dynamic pro 1.2s 15x7 wrapped in yoko's parada spec 2

then the standard mani cracked so got new s/s mani, s/s decat, air filter relocation kit and front mount intercooler,

SDC11521.jpg

SDC11528.jpg

SDC11529.jpg

fitted all that in the rain

SDC11523.jpg

LOL!

car stayed pretty much like that for a while, got new steering wheel

a8c4cc11.jpg

rep OMP deep dish wheel..

bought a 4 point cusco rollcage, bumper exit exhaust and new front bumper with oem splitter from a member on uksc

7e397425.jpg

2284b099.jpg

e4154b81.jpg

cage fitted, nice and stiff, didnt get round to fitting the bumper and new exhaust untill my s/s mani cracked, so bought a cast iron sps mani off a member over at tgtt. fitted all that

e845f5ac.jpg

only pic i got as it was dark..

got a bucket of a mate of mine, super cheap, ta mate icon_thumright.gif

21eb3d80.jpg

car looked like this..

78ba544d.jpg

couple weeks after fitting all that, the turbo water line split dumping all my coolant and blowing the headgasket, pretty crap, so stripped the head down

6953e07a.jpg

rebuild with athene racing headgasket, arp head bolts, pretty solid now.

4d4ea54d.jpg

while everything was apart i bough some lightwiegh pulleys and adjustable cam pully in a group buy on uksc

94a35571.jpg

also fitted a nismo 255lph fuel pump, half size ally rad with slimline fan, no pics unfortunately.

couple pics of the head stripped etc

6ffb25c6.jpg

a44de41b.jpg

everything was lovely jovely for a few weeks then the bottom end decided to let go. pretty ****ed at this point, though about what to do, thought about selling up but ended up on taking it completely off the road, stripping everything, cleaning and replacing every single part. Going to buy another engine to throw in it, then on the side rebuild the broken one with forged internals and maybe cams... but that wont be for a while yet. So far most the engine bay stripped out..

inlet mani cleaned

ba40fe72.jpg

inlet mani with throttle body cleaned and rebuilt

8f53fa6d.jpg

fuel rail

ff2a94fc.jpg

dizzy and HT leads

41d0d058.jpg

6745f26b.jpg

turbo

26d83ff0.jpg

power steering brackets sprayed up

dde7b0ab.jpg

couple pics..

b9e2f6d1.jpg

401bd9e1.jpg

41878692.jpg

Started this week off by getting the car on axle stands and taking front bumper off

572fcc42.jpg

got rid of the heat wrap round the intercooler pipes then put it all in a box to put it away for now...

f0d746f4.jpg

intercooler off

6f193898.jpg

then took the lights off

9ae866dc.jpg

most the bits i took off together

c0eede0f.jpg

then i got the machine polisher out, started polishing some the bits, done the exhaust

f6c53e6b.jpg

gave the lights a quick going over

before

123186b8.jpg

after

6493dcc4.jpg

pictures dont do it justice, alot better in person icon_wink.gif

cleaned up air filter and pipework

2b1a0e0d.jpg

crash bar had alot off surface rust so started sanding it getting it ready for painting

3af7098f.jpg

couple rusty brackets didnt get round to sanding them down as it went dark 394a1044.jpg

car looked like this at this point

756d835f.jpg

also removed the windscreen container as im moving it to the boot and replacing it with an oil cooler

a1b7eea5.jpg

then moved inside and gave my intercooler a quick polish

hot water + deepio

ec47df64.jpg

then quick polish, looking better icon_thumright.gif

37e92f80.jpg

thats pretty much it for now, more to come icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers lads! Bottom end went when I was on the motorway to my mums, oil light came on as I went round a roundabout as I was coming off the motorway then as I slowed down noticed a clunking sound then couple minutes after she went :( - yeah shorty gonna be proper build ;)

thanks mate..

got abit more done today, started the day off with removing all the old air con pipework and crap

before

c58d3aa6.jpg

after

caf54d27.jpg

also removed the charcoal filter but only got a pic of it before i removed it

705859df.jpg

got a mocal 13 row oil cooler off a mate for a bargain, cleaned it up heres a pic

bfc99ef1.jpg

degreased and cleaned up front off the chassis getting it ready for painting

6009fe6f.jpg

9a2facfe.jpg

removed the alternator and gave it a quick clean, gota polish it now

dirty as foooook

01cb347e.jpg

abit cleaner

b7789121.jpg

also removed my front wheels as they covered in crap and need to come off anyway, had one wheel nut round off one me so had to mess around hammering a smaller socket onto it to get it out, looked like this after, lol

f28462e4.jpg

wheels are so filthy on the inside

be5498f7.jpg

will be cleaning and polishing them throughout the week.

last thing i did was spray my crash bar with some hammerite, will be doing the other side and finishing off the front sometime this week, heres couple pics

34a96e51.jpg

f5fa83cb.jpg

thanks mate, small update today got off work early so had an hour to crack on

got the rear off the car on "stands"..

c818b05c.jpg

BARRY!!!!

just waiting for more axle stands to arrive lol..

62b8bae5.jpg

found out i had KYB shocks...

4f1e4f18.jpg

finished spraying the crash bar up

gave both rear wheels a quick wash and degrease, insides where greasy as fook so hot water and depio and some scrubbing did the trick

dirty

32d96351.jpg

better

0d87095c.jpg

05c6b3b3.jpg

car now stands like this, hopefully get alot more done at the weekend, hoping to be picking up some coilovers saturday.

713b0fb7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so the glanza is coming along slowly need more day light and less rain!

my breaks are completely shagged so they came straight off, they wont be going back on as ill be going for a big break setup off some kind in the near future, couple pics of the breaks

bcd27194.jpg

1686e875.jpg

disks are rotten!

0d5dde17.jpg

i was then left with this, which will be coming apart and cleaned up.

41f87713.jpg

then took out my old shocks, they wont be going back on as i will be getting coilovers at some point.

4796c413.jpg

this what was left

d591179c.jpg

removed the wishbones, completely covered in grease and general road crap.

022339e7.jpg

clean them up, will be sanded down and painted with hammerite

0f253b26.jpg

i had an oil leak in the oil line to the turbo, so alot off the underside and most the suspension is covered in oil and grease, everything will be getting cleaned and painted throughout the build

4dbbbe9f.jpg

removed front arb, again covered in pure crap

dirty

2b45083b.jpg

clean

77b6b5fc.jpg

i will prob be going with a thicker item, but though id clean it anyway :p

got some Tein coilovers off shorty for pretty much nothing, however one the shocks is blown and one needs a new topmont so not sure whether these will be going on or not. they need a good clean and paint.

28247a01.jpg

got some new wheels they are SSR, 15x7 very light, not sure if they will stay white, well see, heres a quick pick

45c62262.jpg

i then moved onto the loom as its always been something I've not been happy with, just generally always looked dirty and scraggly i started by stripping all the old conduit and tape off,

35f97e26.jpg

22b569c2.jpg

cleaned all the gunk and crap of the wires and started retaping it

d0de0fd2.jpg

got this far with it, looking alot better but will order some new conduit to go around it at some point.

8d19f112.jpg

sprayed these two brackets with hammerite aswell since they have been laying around for ages

d2bdf93e.jpg

thats pretty much it for now, more to come soon though ;)

loving this build mate :) wish i could go into as much detail with my car :(

looks like your crash bar has taking a bump though

Ha thanks bud, yeah I though that too, something the owner before me must have "forgot" to mention luckly it's only the crash bar that has a bump in it everything else is 100% straight