Is this a Scam ?

Today I recieved a letter from SRJ Dept recoveries

They got my name & address correct

I googled the phone number & found out its a telepest number

I have read many posts elswhere about this & still not sure what to do!

SRJ are a legal company But dont want to ring it incase it is a scam.

The letter said :

We have made enquiries for confirmation of your current place of residence, information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to this address.

Due to data protection legislation details of the account are not included in this letter.

Please call immediatly 08453137203, quoting the above refrence for more information.

Yours Sincerely

(poorly scanned squigly signature)

SRJ

What do you guys think

Sounds dodgy to me

Found this on another site that made me think it was a scam

Hi my name is Mary and I'm 89 years old. My husband George past away 6 years ago this week.

I have just today received a letter from SRJ Debth Recovery telling me that my late husband owed a debt of £200.

I contact the company and told them that my husband had died six years ago and owed no one any moneys.

A very rude man told me that he did'nt care my husband was dead, the debth had to be paid and he would be sending a member around my home to collect the debth

and if they could not collect the sum owed they were going to dig my husband up as punishment. I contact my local police about this today and so far they have kept away.

Caller ID: 0845313203

Caller: SRJ

Think i will file it in the draw & if any more arrive then report to trading standards i think

Cheers guys

Edited by nutnut

yea is a 110% a scam mate. debt recovery letters will contain the name of a company they recover on behalf of as well as referances and a time scale befor court action maybe taken against you. id file it and ignore it ;)