opinions on Toyota altezza

What's everyones opinion on the Altezza???? Not the uk spec is200 but the jap beams engined motor

thinking next car

something similar to

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-TOYOTA-ALTEZZA-RS200-BEAMS-engine-model-Jap-Lexus-IS200-PRICE-REDUCED-/230749880114?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35b9c3bf32#ht_996wt_1183

Edited by tom_parts

my friend has one. to be honest you really have to rev that tiny engine to get it to do anything. seems slow to me. the car is heavy and the engine is reletively small. better off getting a is200 and putting a 2jz or even a 1jz motor in it in my opinion. :thumbsup:

I have an rs200 as my daily just now.

Picked it up cheap so couldn't say no. It's no match for a 200 brake starlet but its a very comfortable car.

The power band is high up the rev range so getting there is slow. Loots of gear changes required to keep in the power.

Best thing about it is the rwd and potential for drifting!

Reliable engine which can handle half a bar of boost on stock internals. Plenty of turbo and supercharger kits available but pricey.

Id recommend a proper test drive where you can use the revs. plenty of info on tezzaworld do have a look.

yeah my ex has one, absolutely gutless right through the rev range and you get a pull just before the red line. massively disappointed considering all the hype they get and everyone seems to drop to the floor drooling over them. they can look awesome though slammed with loads of camber. and you can get supercharger kits if you have a few grand to spare, and you can find one. And obviously you could go turbo too. Not slow just no where near what i imagined.

but on the whole a massive disappointment tbh.

as above, amazing car for the money just not for the adrenaline junky

i read somewhere that is200 inline 6 is one of the least strained straight 6`s ever made hence the bullet proof-ness