Plug and Play ECU's - Do they actually work as good as people say?

Every time i see a plug and play ECU come up, I am always slightly tempted to buy one but i always wonder do they make that much difference over a stock ECU,aside from removing fuel cut and the speed limiter.

What sort of BHP gains do you get, I know loads of people will just go yeah man they are amazing my car flys, but I would like to see cast iron proof on paper, rather than the placebo effect of fitting one and telling your self your cars 10x better :)

Does anyone have any dyno print outs of before and after?

Someone somewhere must have some proof on paper, I hear the various plug and play ECUS all have different maps so its pot luck what you get.

I like the idea i can just plug it in and go :)

but i only want to plug and go if it actually does go!! lol

Come on you starlet veterans out there, you must know :p

You can't go wrong with that Blitz one IMO, it's realllllly cheap for a P&P! :)

I think rorenapier (spelling?) made 255ish-bhp on TD04 (at 1.2 bar I think) on a Mine's ECU!

I want to switch my Mine's ECU for EMU but only because of Launch Control lol..may end up using the Mine's for a while anyway when I switch to TD04!!

I ran a JAM ECU on my 5E butty, if i was you id buy an emanage ultimate for the same price thats what i have done, if your forging your 5E too your going to be running higher boost. I ran 1.3 bar on my JAM ECU and if u look on my build thread you can see where the top of the piston was detting from where the ECU wasnt fuelling it properly

Hey Amjad i fitted the EBC to the ep70 tonight, i cant believe how much better it is, before i used to get about 06bar on boost then it would rise with the revs, now i have 1.1bar straight away as soon as it spools, the cars gone even more mental if thats possible ha ha

Cant wait for japfest!!

Ah emanage it is then, the only bitch with it is that i would need to take it to tuning developments and thats bloody miles from Swansea, but i dont think i would take it anywhere else after reading the work hes done.

Hows your car going :)

I ran a JAM ECU on my 5E butty, if i was you id buy an emanage ultimate for the same price thats what i have done, if your forging your 5E too your going to be running higher boost. I ran 1.3 bar on my JAM ECU and if u look on my build thread you can see where the top of the piston was detting from where the ECU wasnt fuelling it properly

Im in the same predicament buddy, soon as i pay for the work to be done im saving for a inlet mani and 3" exhaust and il have to drive there again :/ the ACL bearings arrived yesterday mate and the head is in the machine shop as we speak :-) hopefully i shouldnt have no more set backs now lol its been off the road for almost 6 months!! I should have it back for the Welsh lads RR day so will be good to meet up again :-)

Hey Amjad i fitted the EBC to the ep70 tonight, i cant believe how much better it is, before i used to get about 06bar on boost then it would rise with the revs, now i have 1.1bar straight away as soon as it spools, the cars gone even more mental if thats possible ha ha

Cant wait for japfest!!

Woah sounds like I need to buy an EBC some time then! When do you start to get boost and when do you get full boost? Is that the Gizzmo?

Yeah i have always had problems with the car maintaining a set level of boost, it would hit about 0.8bar once the turbo spooled up at say 4000rpm then it would do a see saw motion gradually rising to 1,1bar as it hit full rpm, but now the EBC controls the actuator its self and opens/closes it depending on what boost i set it at.

I pull off now and the boost flys straight to 1,1bar at 4kish rpm, so its got massive power at much lower revs, your gonna love the passenger ride at japfest i tell you, my mate was loving it tonight!

Woah sounds like I need to buy an EBC some time then! When do you start to get boost and when do you get full boost? Is that the Gizzmo?

I've always wondered what the jam ecu could be capable of at the end of the day JAM used it on there car on a 5E useing a high flow turbo and think it made 250bhp so not to bad wonder if it could be pushed more? i've hear keith from zisco advances the timing so maybe there is other ways of makeing power other then just turning the boost up