Good insurance companies..

I know there is probably 100's of threads on this but i really have got myself into a bad situtation :(

I was with admiral on a multicar policy, my car and my mums car. and basicly my car was around £210-220 a month, and her car was around £40-50 all in all it worked out that it was about £270ish coming out of my bank account every month and im only on a part time wage so this was like half of my earnings. and alot of the time my mum never gave me the money for her car so the funds werent in the bank. my £200 odd was but it was never enough. basicly ive had the policy for about 7-8 months and during that time i missed two payments. due to this the DD was cancelled, i didnt know it was cancelled and i checked my balance noticed the money hadnt come out this month, rang admiral and they said there was nothing they could do, rang the bank, nothing they could do. so basicly i need to pay the full amount left, like £1600 odd or it gets cancelled. obvs im cancelling it, ive got untill about 6pm ish tomorrow... my mothers fine, she can go off and get another insurer, even with admiral and can pay by DD

But i cant pay by DD with admiral, and admiral are just about the only company that i can afford to go with and there completley out of the question. Ive got to give them like £250 for this month which was never paid which is fair enough, and at the same time find another insurer and pay the deposit on that... which is never going to happen because ive only got about £300 to last me untill the 20th, so it looks like im going to be without a car untill the 20th, so plenty of time to shop around for insurance.

Heres a list of prices that i have been quoted from well known companies so far...

Adrian flux- £2800 with a deposit of £370 and monthly installments of £270 something along those lines...

By the way im 19, had my licence 2 years... ive got no NCB because my policy has just been cancelled but ive owned the car since around 2010 :) which helps a little. shame really because ive been driving it since i bought it but never had any NCB

Any ideas? i think im a little bit fucked ;)

I insured my run around with express insurance in 23 with 5 years Ncb it was around 500 for the year on 1.2 fiesta then around 3 month after insuring them they rang me and said they was going to put it up to 1300 a year due to inflamation told a mate of mine who works for an insurance company and he said it was a load of crap they were just trying to rip me off stay well clear of express insurance rip off have u looked at sky??

I'm with express myself they were the cheapest for me by miles. I take it you have tried the usual suspects (gocompare, moneysupermarket and confused)? Also worth giving swiftcover a try depending on your age as they only insure 21+

Yeah ive tried all the usual suspects mate :) no luck really, i dont mind paying like £200 odd a month as horrible as it is, its just when they have a hefty deposit, i know with admiral they dont, its like an extra 70p.

and im being truthfull about my mods which doesnt help :(

and sky is 21 :(

express insurance... well.. ill let the picture do the talking....

insurance.png

Just to give you a bit of a picture, my mods are as follows

Interior changes

Body kit

Exhaust

Air filter

Alloy wheels

Doesnt sound like alot but it pretty much covers everything i think :) and like i say im 19, licence for 2 years, no convictions motoring offence im completley clean, and so is my mother who i have as a named driver on there, whos had her licence for like 25 years. i hate the government and insurance companies ¬.¬

Must have changed then last time I tried they asked if it was uk or import I put import and they said that they could not insure this vehicle must have changed it iev herd that Aviva are good aswell give them a go

yeah i know mate its really bad for young drivers :( i thought i would be a little better than the others though as ive had my licence 2 years and ive owned the car for like nearly 3 years. and ive got no convictions or anything.

Be wiser wanted £4200, didnt even bother checking how much extra it would of been to pay monthly..

aw dont even get me started on petrol haha! put £20 in yesterday, done 66 miles and its empty already, in a stripped out car, so hardly any weight ahah

Best bet bud, is to ring up the companies directly and say you got a quote from so and so for about £1300 a year and are shopping around for a better deal ;)

If you dont ask bud im afraid you wont get,

Im paying £597 a year for my S w/ 3 years no claims with Sky, Endsleigh wanted £890.. I know insurance at a young age is shocking now, but youve got 2 yrs ncb so this is definatly something to highlight when chatting to them.. I never had to declare my glanza rep kit on my old N/A, even the insurance confirmed to me I didnt need to.... which I thought was odd but was all good :)

Do it the old fashioned way, get on the dog and bone and bargain with these people!

aw dont even get me started on petrol haha! put £20 in yesterday, done 66 miles and its empty already, in a stripped out car, so hardly any weight ahah

Last week I put £25 in at 139.7p a litre and I got just shy of 350km (about 218miles) I think there might be something wrong bud my old n/a was never that bad and she had more engine mods than my S, check earths to your inlet mani (which i think youve just changed?) and reset the ecu and give her a blast :p check for holes in yer exhaust, mine had one was overfueling like a bitch! quick weld sorted that out! Sorry bout offtopic here xD

Edited by redz11

yeah ive rang a few companies, ill just have to keep at it someone will insure me at a decent price! thanks mate :)

and yeah its been bad on petrol for quite a while, even before i fitted the mani. not sure what it is. is resetting the ecu easy then? and will it make much of a difference then, like could anything change :p ?

I'm amazed at how huge insurance premiums have become for younger drivers these days. There's a guy at work whose 18 and the insurance quotes for him on a 1.2 Fiesta are like £3000+!

I remember when I was a bit younger the insurance was hefty but it was nowhere near as bad as the quotes you're ending up with; at 19 I had my old Saxo VTR, think I paid £850-900 fully comp and I only had 1 yr NCB (and clean licence etc). I guess premiums must have just gone through the roof in the last few years?!

Hope you find something half decent, it's not a nice position to be in :(

YES!!!!

so fucking happy, woke up at 9 am this morning and have been on every single website, made 100's of phonecalls just giving in the same details on and on and on...

eventually just got insurance about 4 minutes ago haha im so happy.

Got it with Elephant which are part of admiral but because im still insured with admiral untill midnight tonight, they havent 'blacklisted' me so to speak, like they havent put me on the system where if i apply for a quote i have to pay for the whole thing as a lump sum. so im insured my elephant at the moment, £176 a month, fully comp with personal injury cover, hire car cover. and with aaalllll my mods too!

im so happy, and the best thing was, the deposit for it was only 40p more! im so happy haha, time for a well earned cigarrette :)

Thanks for all your help guys! hopefully someone else can learn from this ;) but in my experience, Bell, Admiral, Elephant+ diamond were the cheapest for me, even though there all part of the same group there slightly different :)

What was the difference in price between 3rd party fire and theft? I made the mistake of going fully comp on my first car which was worth about £450 according to insurance, was insured for £1450 for the year then had a smash, ended up not claiming due to my premiums would go sky high... I would have saved £300 if i went tpf&theft in the first place and just the same process...

If the cars value = high then go fully comp :p