URGENT! CLUTCH PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody please confirm which way the release bearing sits? One of the side tabs is angled, and not square like the other

Does it sit toward the back of the fork like this:

20120417_141617.jpg

Or toward the front (ie spun round 180 degrees)?

Had a look at the new pressure plate, it seems as though some of the pucks are distorted. I haven't got anything to properly check but I ran a ruler and credit card over each plate (old and new) and it seemed to catch on a few pucks on the new one a bit. I'm guessing this was because the friction plate was fitted the wrong way the first time?

Would the slightly distorted pucks of the pressure plate be to blame for the car not going into gear even when the friction disc was put in the right way??

I have yeah. Well for now I'm going to fit the old kit as I know that worked fine, it will help to rule out these bits so if the fault occurs again it's down to fitting or something like that

I may end up putting a new FE kit on later when I have the time, this flywheel may be dodgy or maybe it's just the clutch kit, I dunno!

Turns out the pressure plate was probably at fault! :(

The kit was bought from Camskill back in Jan, but inly fitted this weeks just gone. Do you guys think they would refund or exchange?

Next time, try adjust the clutch master cylinder. When you fitt a new clutch, the cylinder can be out of adjustment. Seen it some times here in Denmark with people fitting a new clutch on a older Toyota like a Starlet or Corolla...

You adjust it where the clutch cylinder is linked with the clutch pedal. There you can adjust where the clutch should engage.

Cool I may end up going with Exedy as I've heard of a few people having used them okay, never heard of Blueprint on FTEs I should have realised :(

Thanks klyfax I'll give that a shot next time!