URGENT! CLUTCH PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP :(

we think the release bearing is seized, or the spring thats holding it in is a little bit loose as the old one felt alot tighter after finding it.

amjad and his uncle are currently taking it off again now, wish i could have stayed longer, but im going back down tomorrow to have another look if they cant get it finished tonight :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the release bearing goes through the same abuse all through its service life, its designed to take that kind of load.....could be the pressure plate pucks have bent with you trying to get it into gear with the friction plate in the wrong way round.....going to phone amjad in a sec

theres a different flywheel in there fella to match the FTE clutch and pressure plate

yup i understand that ryan but it may not fit the gearbox input shaft. if its a tight fit on the spigot bearing then it will not allow the clutch to release or freewheel.

i would still check it though. if the box is coming out again take the flywheel off and make sure it fits on the input shaft of the box. it shouldnt be a tight fit.

this is what i mean by spigot bearing for those that dont know what im wittering on about lol. (sorry its not from a starlet but it is roughly the same in most cars with a clutch)

/>http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnuJmdmZn81t5c1vZBp6fH4ejRBgI4Qz3WJlXiLMlGTLzRXNpyBZkYruG0

just had his dinner going to crack on with it...

my flywheel was very rusty, took me a while to clean up the friction surface left the rest of it looking rough/rusty.....didnt even look at the center section of it

ive covered 14k since with out problem

Just finished up left the box off, bearing spins freely :(

One of the pucks on the pressure plate looks kind of bent I'll post up pics and a video or two once I've cleaned up

clean the shaft with brake cleaner and the inside of the bearing...apply a thin film of lithium grease on it also you see that "ball" thing the fork levers on put some in there too...