Anyone sent a large amount of money through paypal before?

Bit random i know but I am going to be buying a speedboat this month with a mate which is about £5000, it was going to be paid with a credit card so if i cant purchase it from a shop directly, I may have to send the money through paypal to my mate who I am buying it with in order to get my hands on the cash. This way i avoid the stupid cash rates on credit cards and get 0% on purchases for 15months.

I have read all sorts of horror stories about sending large sums of money through paypal and it getting tied up in their stupid security system. Anyone sent large sums through paypal before? Last thing i want is £5k getting stuck in paypal!

If you're sending it to a friend, it should be okay. Paypal might phone you to ask details if it looks suspicious, just say you owed him the money. Make sure you send it as a gift though, otherwise there will be a silly amount of fees involved!

What about at his end when he transfers the money into his account paypal take like a certain amount to transfer it

Also on my papyal i can only withdraw up to £500 a month so has he got an upgraded paypal if not ull be waitin months