Hi there I'm having trouble with my Tesco insurance on understanding wot a starlet gt is every time I give them a number plate it comes up as a corrola? Also with the glanza it comes up with a cd or sportif Help please?

Cheers j

mine was like this aswell, if I was you I would use it as an advantage n just go with the sportif, wish I did this cause theyl just charge you a shit lot more, av got 7 years no claims am 25 and am still paying 600ish, its bollocks or if you want it done properly just use sky insurance or adrian flux etc

mine does the same thing so annoying! but i would say get it right you need to insure the car you have, it costs more but nothing compared to being sued for not holding insurance if you (touch wood) have a crash wrong insurance is as good as no insurance not worth it!

then if your in a crash or a traffic officer that knows what a turbo looks like pops the bonnet thats 6 points and your car crushed not worth the risk sad thing is its idoits trying this that actauly make it cost more for people to insure there cars properly

everything from my gearknob to my remap is covered. spent a fortune on my car dont fancy risking it for the sake of a couple hundred quid. and with 6 points on my licence i would be more than likely fired from work to which would cost me even more than the extra £30quid a month for my mods

is every single modifyed part on your guys cars insured? if its not n the cops pull you over you can be knacked either way....

my glanza was imported by a company and never put down as anything but a toyota 1.3 , no starlet in the equation just simply a toyota with a 1300cc engine in the logbook , it was also insured as a 1.3 by its last owner , i too could use advice on insurance as im getting quoted stupid prices for mines with 1 year no claims and 20 years old :/ Edited by craig-glanzaEP91

21 1 years no claims so its pretty high at 1800 but thats for up to 240 bhp. roll cage/uprated brakes/coilovers main diffrence is the roll cage as only a handfull of insurers will touch you if u have one and thats with a-plan.

21 1 years no claims so its pretty high at 1800 but thats for up to 240 bhp. roll cage/uprated brakes/coilovers main diffrence is the roll cage as only a handfull of insurers will touch you if u have one and thats with a-plan.

thanks alot shaun , gonna see if this will help me out on getting a better price i was getting quoted around double that on some websites , i wont be insuring mines for a while as its being fully rebuilt and probs not gona bring her out til about this time next year , ohh and by the way got my td04 tonight ! :)

depends on loads of different factors but your best bet is always call around insurers that mainly deal in imports like sky/a-plan and most in the back of banzai and give them the quotes other companys gave they normaly try to atleast match that price

td04 the way forward am just saving up money and buying the odd few bits will be running full forged 5e on a td05 by next year see if i can push 320+ break

depends on loads of different factors but your best bet is always call around insurers that mainly deal in imports like sky/a-plan and most in the back of banzai and give them the quotes other companys gave they normaly try to atleast match that price

td04 the way forward am just saving up money and buying the odd few bits will be running full forged 5e on a td05 by next year see if i can push 320+ break

cheers very much shaun , i will give them a go and see what happens , lol you dont fuck around buddy , ill be more than happy running around 230 :) as im an apprentice at the moment i dont make alot of money so i just try and save up and make do with what i have and td04 sounds fine to me , i know one of my buddys has a Tuning developments forged build 4e , hes running around 280bhp at 1.4bar dyno proven so you should break the 320 barrier with the 5e , that will be crazy ! lol

Well seems like a plan to shop around may have to leave Tesco insurance, I want to insure it as wot it is just in case, I'm 28 with a glanza rep paying 400 a year so hopefully won't be much more!

Thanks for the advice guys

Well seems like a plan to shop around may have to leave Tesco insurance, I want to insure it as wot it is just in case, I'm 28 with a glanza rep paying 400 a year so hopefully won't be much more!

Thanks for the advice guys

see when you said about insuring starlet gt ? you shouldnt have a problem with that buddy , before i bought my glanza i tried insuring a gt for what it is and was quite surprised at how cheap i was getting it , 19 at the time with no no claims n i was being quoted around 1400 fully comp a year , which considering when i tried the glanza , was about 3 times that amount lol !

been driving 4 years

0 no claims

Exhaust Alloys FMIC Declared

£942 Sky Insurance

How did you get that price last year i payed 1400 now im 21 years old

4 years driving

4 years no claims

and they quoted 1364 and taken off use of other vehicals :(