Ok as of now my engine bay looks like this i need a few tips on how to make it look nice, i kinda need to know where to get stuff i also need an oil catch can if anybody has got one selling. what can i put braided hoses on because i'd love braided everything seen it on a supra before an fittings and braided hose for the rad hose has anybody done this or where to get fittings that big

IMG_0132.jpg

Remove the hose pipe and buy an oil breather filter.

The blue hose off the PCV valve put onto the inlet wer that orange bit is blocked off.

Remove that yellow hook (keep it though can come in handy if/when removing engine)

Respray the cam cover black and the yellow bits black too .........

First things first give it a good clean, you'd be surprised how much of a difference that makes alone, also I've got a monster Motorsport catch can laying in the garage, £30 delivered if you want it

I'd have fun sorting this out haha!

I've just started doing mine because its also a mess! I decided to clean it to start with and got a bit carried away and ended up taking the whole front end off and giving it a fresh lick of paint. Made a massive difference already. Then it rained and I had to bail inside lol! Will continue tomorrow... But heres a comparison so far.

Dirty

P1020382.jpg

Gave all rusty areas a good rub with wirebrush and some 80grit sandpaper and then gave it a few good coats of hamerite smooth

P1020398.jpg

Massive difference! Haven't even started on the bay yet really :p.

Will update this tomorrow

Ive also had my front end off and painted it black, ht leads and silicone joiners in blue, cleaned my firewall several times with gunk, cleaned the underside of my bonnet with wd40 and having a new rocker painted.

Lovely :D

John

Adam you filthy tart,,,, looks loads better that does dude think I might be tempted to do mine now over the weekend:)

Filthy tart!!? How dare you! :p:D Do it mate, it makes such a difference. Mine looks a bit tatty up close but its all under the bumper anyway. I've just done it to stop rust, wear and tear etc. Took me about half hour lol...

Done more today! I've shortened pipes, hidden wires, cleaned down nooks and crannies, wirebrushed a few bits, done a little bit of wiring to tidy things up too. Far from finished but slowly getting there. Would be a lot easier with a pressure washer lol! Will let pictures do the talking :).

P1020404.jpg

P1020405.jpg

P1020413.jpg

P1020416.jpg

P1020412.jpg

P1020417.jpg

P1020418.jpg

I also was took some more crap out that wasn't needed and hid a few things off the bulkhead...

P1020426.jpg