I didn't really know where to post this but the problem has been bugging me for ages. Everytime I take the my ep91 n/a past 75mph the steering will go ridiculously light and make the steering wheel shake like mad. It's an obvious pain now that I'm using the car for motorway driving more often.

I had the car on speedlines last week instead of the factory 13" alloys, they made a difference but not huge. In a couple of weeks the car will be permently on the speedlines and lowered 35mm. Im not sure if this is going to resolve the problem. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Just another one of the problems along with no back brakes atm haha

Cheers, Dan.

Get a full laser alignment done, if they're nice when they have it up on the ramps they may have a quick check of the bushs at the time.

Tbf though these cars are not great at higher speeds on the standard suspension - I remember mine being very dodgy when completely stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that i've got the car lowered on some spax springs it seems to handle a hell of a lot better. I can hit 90 on the motorway easily now with only a tiny amount of steering wheel wobble.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowering the car has somehow made the steering wheel wonky when the wheels are straight. Will have to get the alignment checked once I've fitted my speedline this week.

Haha yeh i recorrect myself, 90 is reachable but certainly not easily!

• 1 month later...

Id take it somewhere for a 4 wheel alignment mate and get the wheels balanced too, that way u rule out all possible steering issues and then u can focus on balljoints etc if the problem isnt fixed. I've also had it when a car is fitted with budget tyres, they misshape easily and are just generally shit, so that could be another factor to consider dependent on your tyres ofc

• 1 month later...