Rolling Road Near Glasgow

• 2 weeks later...

There is AVA which is next to glasgow airport but everyone recently has been using Russ@Performance HQ in Dalgety bay.

My 2 m8s have had 3 cars mapped and set up from this guy and they were impressed

Bryan

Edited by mckel

they fitted mine in one of my old cars years ago and set up my mazda 323 gtr on the rollers ive never had any trouble with them were I've had trouble with greer motorsport down in ayrshire and alot of people recommend them i just wouldnt use them again each to there own as they say.

Bryan

they fitted my fpr to the throttle cable bracket ( i say fitted but more like dangled) and there was no solder used on the fcd with bare wires everywhere! the fuel pressure was set at 1.7 bar when they were finished with boost at 1.1 bar! it all went down hill from there.

also the price shot from £80 to £180 from the morning i dropped it off till half past 7 that night i picked it up!

needles to say he never got paid and my engine blew up not long after

from what i hear AVA really know their stuff when it comes to cossies and rs turbos, me personally if i had one of them i'd go to sitech as i heard many bad stories but heard good ones aswell.

and same with greer heard good and bad but i think there more known for the subarus, was a lovely gc8 from saltcoats that greer worked on and was a nice car never got to speak to the owner but dont think it had any issues.

but i have heard nothing but good stories from gi i was gonna get my gt mapped there before i moved to canada and chris the mapper there is a good guy very helpful, plus he is the tech on the emanage forum on here go speak to him on there for any questions.

gi maped mine honestly cant say how impressed i was mine was stuck there for almost 2 weeks cause things kept going wrong for me they were on the phone to geo and fensport countles times for it maped for 1.3 bar on a td04 stock engine then told me they told me not to worrie about the bill i was only being charged what the quoted for the mapping to start + the trade price on new parts i needed.

needless to say ill be taking the 5e there when it needs maped

mine was road mapped when i was there they had priced up dynos but dont think that will be happening anytime soon.

not had a chance to get mine on the dyno dunno if ill bother till i get the 5e done