Valve stem seals - and reusing headgasket?

right i gotta do valve stem seals..

never done em before and had a look at the threads about doing it with head on and it looks a right pain in the arse tbh.

so if i took the head off ive got ARP bolts which i can reuse and ive also got a power enterprise cambelt kit which i can reuse yes?

the question i have aswell is i have an athena headgasket, can this be reused as ive been told it can? dont really wana fork out another £110 for a new one.

also anyone know what places would charge to do the stem seals? ive already bought the uprated ones just an idea of doing it. or anyone that knows how to do it in the kent area and wants to earn some money?

because i want my car back on the road!

cheers

sam

Power enterprises cambelt can be reused no problem, I've had mine on and off a good few times. athena gasket in theory can be wiped clean with brake cleaner and reused but tbh i never would as athena gaskets have a sealing layer between some of the mls and it gives a nice tight seal. you would of already compressed this so the second sealing maynot be as good. and arp is luck of the draw. they say you can reuse them up to 3 times but they always recomend new. i snapped one in half reusing it and ended up buying a new set. the broken peice came out easy too so wasnt like it was a dirty thread. it just shit itself on the final sequence. tbh it did look like a defective bolt from the break but just a heads up. my athena and arp where 1000 miles old when i had to replace both due to fitting a portpolished head. some times dude its best to just bite the bullet for peice of mind. they are expensive yes. but you choose to use expensive parts and tbh id always replace where posable. reuse just means redo a few weeks down the line. just my honest opinion bud.

thanks for the lengthy reply mate..

its the answer i thought id get tbh. just spent so much money already lol. the frustrating thing is the engine has only done 2000 miles and in two of the ports the valve stem seals are gone so. i dont know whether to try and replace seals in those two ports without taking head off and see if i can get away with it?

and if that doesnt work take head off and renew headgasket etc

do you or anyone else know rough prices to get a head rebuilt with new valve stem seals? and anywhere reputable in the south east that will do it?

cheers

sam

If you are gonna do something may aswell do it right, even though it will be expensive you will be able to sleep at night.

In work i've always removed the head when doing valve stem oil seals, didn't know you could leave it on tbh.