Serious Problems, HELP!

Ive been having 2 serious problems with my car since i bought it.

The first is that it is overboosting wildly. The actuator is set at 10 psi, which it holds at up until 4k rpm, then it shoots up looking like its not going to stop rising. What could be the problem?

The other problem is at low speed driving around town, the car hesitates then jerks when i lift my foot off the throttle and put it back on.

Really need help with this as its pretty undriveable. Thanks

First one sounds like boost creep. I'm guessing you have a free flow exhaust and a air filter. The second almost sounds like fuelling. So it could be either map sensor or the throttle position sensor.

Hey, i have a FMIC, FCD, Airfilter relocation, and decat+HKS exhaust, I have an HKS EVC4 boost controller, but ive unplugged it because it was doing nothing to stop the boost, i have the pipe straight from the compressor to actuator so i could see what actuator boost was.

The clutch definitely isnt slipping, the car makes sore serious progress lol, but it looks like the boost will never stop climbing so ive never found out where it stops.

Could the lurching be cured by an adjustable FPR, the car came with one but its not fitted.

the one between the compressor and actuator? Yes, have them nice and tight, are there any others i should check?

Ive removed the EBC from the equation, so i know it wasnt that that was causing the problem

I only ask as my turbo had that infinite boost effect but it was due to having the the vac lines plumbed wrong.

So you have no open vac pipes around the turbo etc?

Get some images up.

I tried taping up the airfilter but it had almost no effect whatsoever

also totally disconnected the actuator from the wastegate, so it was constantly fully open. Car never made any boost at all (as expected) until 4k rpm where it when off the charts as usual

Edited by Kayble