Will MK2 GT Wishbones fit my EP91 NA?

Grant had a look at the car today. It's knocking on left turns at about 30mph, we think the wishbone may be bent putting stress on the shaft hence the knocking. Further proof of this may include the fast that the alignment guy had to adjust max negative camber at the top mount to get it to only -1.2

Would I be okay changing just that wishbone using the GT bush? I really don't want to have to pay for alignment and camber again on both sides because of changing two wishbones :(

if your swaping the whole arms including bushes youll be fine (this WILL knock the alignment out)........why wasnt it knocking before you did the work on the clutch?, tbh if it was me id leave them for now......the bottom bolt is a fuck about once the captive nut breaks for freedom youve already had a headache with the clutch it will just cause you more upset

did you check the top nut on the coilovers?

Edited by Asad

There is defo something not right with the o/f wish bone, hub/ball joint. If you look down the side of the car the wheels don't sit in the same place and if you look at the top mount the camber is as far neg as it can go.

Did you inspect the ball joints? You can fit the GT wishbone without a problem but if you ever decide to poly bush the front wishbone bushes, you'll have to buy two different size bushes!

Can't remember what Grant said about the ball joints?

I wouldn't be wanting to polybush, just wanna know if it's okay and safe to use the wishbone on one side so different bushes either side?

Ball joints looked ok no play. N/s boot was a bit split but the o/s was ok. have to try one of my wish bones on and see if that puts the wheel in the same place as the other side. If not then it can only leave you with a bent hub :(

If you fit the GT arm on it will be fine, the bush size doesn't affect the fitting to the car. If you don't want to pay for alignment again, use paint to mark to mark the exact location of the current lower arm and try your best to fit the new one in the exact same place. It won't be perfect, and ideally will need aligning again, but it's better than just slapping it on.

Thanks for that, would rather not pay for alignment again since it just got done 2 weeks ago :)

Thanks everyone for the help! Hopefully this sorts the knocking!

You said you haven't fitted front poly bushes, have you inspected the original rubber bushes? Did you use a bar to check for play in the lower arm itself? A worn bush can cause a knocking too.

We didn't no, Grant had a quick look over in a car park we didn't have any tools etc but we'll have a check!

I didn't think it could be due to bushes but as he mentioned the wheel definitely does sit further out than on the passenger side