it is a bastard to get to mate, if you look under the car at the aircon pump at the bottom of the engine, it is on top of that. I loosened the aircon pump off to get better acces to it, that was till i binned the aircon. will only take about 30 mins now.

The one that my car had on it when I first bought it was welded on -- took me about 4hours to just get the filter off! Now it's pretty easy because it's changed so often, I just squeeze my childish sized hands between the ac rad and my fmic ipe et voila, oil change in 10min.

It is a bit awkward though as you can't prime the oil filter all the way up in case it spills everywhere trying to get it back on, but I just pull the EFI fuse and turn the car over a few times till the oil light on the dash goes off.

• 1 month later...

one of the hardest filters ive ever changed. Get rid of the a/con and it will be easy and you will gain a small bit of power also. there is a little guard around one side of the filter, get rid of it also wil make servicing easier in the future