Testing out my In-Car HD Minicam!

Thought I'd post this up with all the discussion going on in that other thread about where to mount a cam

-Filmed on Kodak Zi8 HD Minicam, filmed at 720p 60fps with magnetic wide-angle lens

-Mounted on Panavise 809 Suction mount with Levelgrip spacer

Also spot the Toyota Sera randomly driving by haha!

Edited by Amjad

quite good quality vid bro

Thanks, should be good for track ^_^

that infamous drive i have to do every week. i've never managed to find one of them apparent 'speed cameras' down that road? done over 40 many times on that strip aswell

Haha don't think there are any there :ph34r:

I got the camera about a year ago from Amazon about £80ish but they're been discontinued. There's a few Kodak Zi8s on Ebay though!

The Panavise 809 mount is a sturdy bit of kit with some metal parts, nabbed it used for about £15 on ebay but new they're about £30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panavise-809-Camera-Window-Suction-Cup-Windshield-Mount-/270962609955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f16a14f23#ht_500wt_1158

It's really good though I used it to record outside on the GT and it held up perfectly! You can use it with a lot of other cameras as well as it has the universal screw thread as found on tripods. (Note this was filmed at only 30fps so wasn't as good as the first video in this thread)

You kind of need the levelgrip spacer but I think they're sold out, maybe the guy can make some more I dunno but here's a youtube video of the same setup as mine

And finally Wide angle lens <£7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-Angle-Macro-Lens-fit-Mobile-Phone-Camera-Kodak-Zi8-/230744420155?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item35b9706f3b#ht_1870wt_983

Looks good mate. really impressed with the quality :)

I've just ordered a hd hero 2 off amazon so will be interesting to see the comparison to this :)

Will have it recording on the convoy to jap fest with the people leaving from j27 :)