The chrome lip on the momo's have started to corrode in places and look shit.

They werent used during the winter and salt.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this or is it off to a professional?

Will try and get pics later

Cheers

same boat its because they lacquer the alloy best way is to jack the front up on axel stands (make sure its secure) then put the wheels on the front that need sanding, start the car and put it in either 1st or 2nd gear the then go up the grades in sand paper this will reduce the time just be careful! ive got to do this too :)

Ah feck feck feck.

Yeah I remember it happening to yours bro, pain in the hole is right.

Cheers socks, Ill go see if i can get some of that sealant.

Dean, I like you idea, its crazy but i like it lol. Dont have stands so guess it will be the slow way for me, raging

Cheers

sand them down mate start harsh inuf to take off the peel and get finer and finer using plenty of water then get a buff pad for a grinder use g3 compound and polish away until tyhe shine comes back then use a finer polish by hand should come up a treat :)

do you know if the polished rims have been lacquered? It could possibly be moisture getting under the lacquer and causing it to corrode. if soo , you'll have to take all the lacquer off, you could probs gets away with using some 400 grit. then work your way up though the grits, ( 800, 1200, 1500, 2000) then autosol them to get a mirror polished finish. you could then get them lacquered but the same thing will happen as soon as they get curbed... best of leaving them bare metal and using autosol every time you wash the car to keep them nice. but dont use anything like truckwash as it'll scar the metal. i work in a bodyshop and do alot of bare metal polishes.

Tobie

Cheers for the info mate. Could well have been lacquered, not sure. the way the momo's are they have momo corse 7 times round the outside so its possible thats how the moisture has got in.

Yeah they wont be getting lacquered again, will be left for me to polish :D