New japspeed exhaust, problems

Got my exhaust mostly fitted but the rear rubber is impossible to get through the box on the exhaust mount, thought these were straight fit but the box is way to small

Edited by Azz

Dude you need to cut the original rubber thing that held your old exhaust up .

Cut it to size, slide it through the bracket and hang it up as the old exhaust did.

My rubber thing was quite saggy due to age so reinforced with cable ties.

I think this is what you mean as post is vague

Hmm rite Il try explain better, I've just bought a japspeed exhaust and on the back box it has the 2 hangers coming off it with a plate welded across the top of it with a small box on top so it has nowhere to hang a rubber.

Now my old exhaust just has 2 hangers on it that just slot straight into the rubbers

You need a Glanza rubber mate it's like one rectangular one that has a hole each end, it slides through the box in the japspeed then into the two holes on the car if that makes sense so the rubber is between the box on the hanger and the box sits between the two hangers on the chassis

Mine came with just a normal hanger. Due to a different back box bein on previously i just cut my old hanger on the car off, welded it in where i wanted it and put it up with a new rubber mount.

John

Bump anyone help

Get a pic mate, if it's a Glanza one it should fit if you buy that square rubber? Unless you've had a fujitsubo power getter exhaust fitted before it will, if you have I'll buy the bracket for the power getter lol

On the car the rubber fits perfect the problem is with the little box on the Japspeed back box, the rubber is around 3mm all round to big ( after compressed and heated)

I used my old one. Had to cut mine a little at a time with a stanley knife and a little copper grease on it to persuade it in. Once it goes in enough, stick a small spanner handle or a screwdriver through one of the mounting holes and pull it through.