I thought this would be the best place for this. :/ Basicaly I am repairing the passenger side of my V as someone crashed into the side of it cutting across a round about, to be honest it was not any ones fault if you you what I mean.

But anyway not proud of it so guess thats Karma for you and its a bitch. You can tell from the pictures below who was more worst off sadly it was me. :(

My Car

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

His car.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

But After taking off the damaged wing and the side skirt the only damage to the car body wise was a bit of the Sil and the corner on where the door sits.

IMG_1112-Copy-Copy.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Also after I had Mark from CMB Autos have a look at the car he said he can repair the damage that happended during the crash which was a big plus side for me. But after finishing my kast temp job im currently one of the many millions of couch patoatos but since the nice weather has been on the go i decided I try my hand at repairing some of the damage to the body work and the new parts I have required to keep the cost down.

I started with the side skirts as the were a bit tatty before the crash but the passenger side ended up being scraped to hell so out with the sand paper and the spray paint. :L (Just to let every one know I have never done any kind of spraying before so I wasnt to sure on what to do but it looks to me that I am doing the best I can.)

IMG_1116-Copy.jpg

IMG_1118-Copy-Copy.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1133-Copy.jpg

IMG_1135-Copy.jpg

IMG_1137-Copy.jpg

As you can see my washing line made a great hanger so I could spray the parts :) Below is one of the finished side skirts next to the car.

IMG_1143.jpg

Next I ordered a new door for the passenger side from a breaker off Ebay for I thought was a cheap £30 quid. It has a few small scratches that didn't bother me as I will be sanding it down and spraying it.

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Sadly I ran out of primer and good old Halfrauds was shut :@ but will be continuing with the car soon as Im going to Banzi and need a new wing for the car also. But i'm hoping to have that car back on the road soon. I also need to check the hub of the car for damage and also have the front suspension changed out luckly I bought shocks and springs to replace my coilovers.

I will update on the progress of the car as I go along. Hope you enjoy the read.

Edited by carmen

Nice work mate,

Looks like u where lucky to get to get away without hurting some1 :s

That Honda looks f'ed did the airbags go off?

Cheers mate and yeah it's a pretty wide round about he went across it wrong and it a bump and drain that's there was lucky he didn't knock me into the kerb or the car would more n likely hit a lamp post.

The Hondas bags went off but the guy wasn't bothered atall told me he owned it 2 weeks and his parents would fix it. Wish mine would lol but I'm glad no one was hurt especially since the misses was in the car

neaither car are that bad to be fair ive repaired worse at work. they always look worse than they are with bent pannels on but once you get all of that off they never look to bad. just a small tip mate if you have a mate with a starlet take some messurments off his from the under neith like inside of wheel to wheel and from center of fron hub to rear hub extra and check against yours as you might find your bottom arm might be slightly bent or your steering arm ect might not look it to the eye but if its even bent or out of place just a little bit you'll notice it when your drving it .just a bit of advice for you mate as thats what i do at work

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just a mini update on the progress of the car. The progress has actually ground to a hault due to other things coming up but I have nearly finished with the new door all that needs done is to laquer it. Also since I do not know if I need a new hub or lower arm ect, I decided to buy another starlet and use its parts to fix mine and slowly turn it into a track car or maybe break it. The car comes with a full years M.O.T and some Tax but sadly no history has came with it but it has had the engine changed to a GT, Cliford Alarm, TRD leads,TRD Rear lights, HKS Actuator, Also the owner said it has a Diff which ill find out once I have a Closer inpection and a Hybrid turbo which im unsure of nor was the owner, I do know it was once owned in Edinburgh so ill see if I can track some History. Below is some pictures I took of the car.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg