my glanza cracked the 240 bhp fly and 200bhp wheels on td04 on standard engine

my glanza was running 196.5 at the wheels and 234.4 at the fly

with the following mods

wepr tdo4 mani and down pipe and td04 turbo

excedy paddle clutch

walbro 255 fuel pump

tomie rrfrp

emanage blue with 3 bar map sencor

golf 1.8t fmic with custon bodge very short turbo to fmic pipe and custom s/s fmic to inlet, all reflective heat wrapped

hks high power full exhaust and fully heat wrapped

front moutn blitz filter

uprated leads and cheapo gapped plugs

blitx dual sbc boost controller set to around 1.1 bar

standard head and bottom end

1 wanted to crack the 200 at wheels and 240 at fly.

got my self a new blitz dual sbc to replace the gizzmo and it went back on to get it set it up ajust the map if needed and heres the results

at the fly

DSCF5269.jpg

at the wheels

DSCF5270.jpg

Excellent results mate :)

You should be very happy. TD do a fantastic job.

It is possible to reach 260 or thereabouts on standard engine with a touch more boost, but its not all about figures.

Its how it drives and I'm sure it feels great. 230-240bhp atf is an expected figure for a good tune at 1-1.1bar which many have achieved.

My engine is standard and runs 1.2bar on the TD04 on hi boost. Am also using Blitz Dual SBC which I also use for other boost settings (0.8 and 1bar)

Here are my dyno printouts for your curiosity.

My lo boost 0.7 bar is quite high but accurate as it had repeat dyno runs to make sure it wasn't playing up :D

waz9732l.png

On hi boost it hits 257.3 at peak rpm but has a slightly lower peak torque figure than yours. Yours also comes in earlier so has nicer mid-range torque in theory.

I am running a straight through exhaust so this would have pushed the torque/power band further up.

waz9732h.png

Shows you can't have everything and every engine reacts differently due to the setup/mods, health, boost pressure and tune. Recently rebuilt engines may also produce a touch more, as mine and others showed. I'm sure that with different mods I can improve the torque.

Don't forget the most important thing is estimated flywheel horsepower as this is your true output on the road after transmission losses which I'm sure you are well aware of.

You would also benefit from running an external wastegate setup to hold steadier boost.

Joz

thats amazinf for 0.7 bar mate, i know people running td04 around that with 1.1bar but as you said every engine is diffrent and to many variables to take in to account with each and every set up,

this has tempted me to get back down there next week and crank it up abit, lol, im also running a strait through from turbo to back box

what the leingh of your pipe like as mine is very short and not stupidly big

heres my turbo to fmic pipe

DSC_3840.jpg and the fmic to inlet is the same size, thinks its 2" pipe work and got a realitivly small fmic as its froma 1.8t gti golf

DSC_3155.jpg

which i think helps a tiny bit with the lag,

i was running a wepr ct9 power up kit with external WG but the td04 kit came up cheap so took advantage of it, but will be going external in the future, its jsut money and want white and red rota hm3 first before i go external again

It all sounds like a good plan mate :)

Yea I drive on lo boost quite often as it gives me the good ol' CT9 feel with a tad more punch.

My intercooler is also small (wepr) and the pipes are also 2" and fairly short, I'll take some pics later.

Full boost is defo just under 4k (spools just after 3k), but you know yourself, to achieve that you need the pedal flat to the floor.

I have to say though, off boost is a fairly lazy drive, how do you find yours?

Joz

Id also recomend ditching the bmc filter and getting a cone on there as the alow for far greater flow. you arnt trying to.suck a passing airflow so to speak and its more direct feed. or maybe just duct a cold feed off the bmc into your grill so as to direct air straight in.

Edited by shorty

Also just noticed the pipe route on the hotside is longer than need be. id rotate the turbo at some point and ditch 50% of the hote pipe route as this will also help a tiny bit ;). Damn fine result though!!

yea was rather chufed going in at 28th and cheers guys am very happy with results and drive much better with the blitz ebc, more smoother and stable boost

the pic is a old pic of fmic, no longer got the bmc, got a blitz sat rite of the turbo, this is my hot pipe now, got ride of more like 80%/90% of the old hot pipe

DSC_3840-1.jpg

and my blitz filter of the turbo

DSCF4711.jpg

• 1 month later...