Rewinding Rear brake calipers

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me any tips on rewinding my rear brake calipers.

I bought one of the caliper rewind cubes but I encountered a issue when attempting to use it. Due to the pads being excessively worn the piston is quite far out and when trying to use the rewind tool it catches on the front part of the caliper. It's only just say catching the other prongs on the cube. I image if I manage to rewind the caliper a few turns there will be enough clearance to use the tool. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance

I tried long nose pliers but that was going nowhere. I'll have another try at gradually moving it by changing sides on the cube. If that doesn't work I'll use Micky Boy's tactic and get my grind on.

Cheers for the help lads

Were you pushing the cube in aswell as turning it? You need to drive it down as you turn the ratchet...try and avoid long nose pliers if they slip they can cut the rubber boot

Amjad id get both you calipers recond, replace the cables/disc/pads....costly but its done then drums ftw!