Blitz dump valve from EFI to toyosports intercooler

Hi guys,

Just bought a toyosport FMIC and am in the process of fitting now. All the cooler is fitted etc other than the dump valve which is where my problem lies. The blitz valve is bolted straight to the pipe connecting to the turbo and on the intercooler piping it has a small tube. Im guessing i need some sort of adaptor to fit it, which is a huuuuge arse ache as I was hoping to finish it today. When i bought the car it already had that dump valve so I had no original adaptors :(. If anyone can help then id be greatful

PS ignore the EFI bit

Edited by jtaylor1990

All sorted now :) had a friend with a HKS BOV so managed to put together a bit of piping and its fine now , just have boost leak from the turbo at the turbo outlet pipe and for some reason have the cooling fans running non stop with ignition on and with car running :(

Was the fan acting up before fitting the FMIC?

As for the boost leak do you mean where the cooler bolts to it? MAybe you need a new gasket I would assume, or cut your own form gasket paper or even some high temp silicone etc would work?

Nah the fan was fine before hand, someone has said that its open circuit on one of the plugs from the A/C system and to bridge it to see if it stops them. And yeah thats where its blowing from, basically there isnt enough of the stud from the turbo sticking through the cooler pipe so I cant bolt it down tight, therefore blowing past, il try the silicone too once I've had the joining part of the pipe ground down so that I can secure it firmly to the turbo.

Yeah tell me about it, I've checked all boost hoses but all is well. its not boosting to what it should still if u hold revs at about 5K the boost slowly drops off. And on my gauge its only reading about 5psi :(. I spoke to some guy at a garage near brands hatch today and he said that because its a much larger cooler and that the piping is alot longer the air has an awful lot further to go. So basically I've increased the volume of the intercooler but kept the same pressure so its not going to be as effective. So Im thinking manual boost controller to up it to a safe running pressure just to make up for the larger cooler.

Hmm Ive not heard of that, I know with the toyosport having the longer pipe route it can increase spool times but it shouldn't lower your boost level or even tail off in high revs, mine did the latter when I had a standard actuator as it was old and weak, I would suspect a boost leak or even weak actuator but as you fitted the fmic and it only does it since fitting I'd probably guess at boost leak tbh

I'd say it

Well upon further investigation I found the boost gauge pipe that goes to the T piece which is cut into the circuit was only on a little bit so it was slowly seeping pressure making it look as though I had boost leak, bastard thing lol, now its back on the pressure and vacuum is fine :D. Whats my next step?? I obvs need to increase fuelling to match the air now. I have the option of uprated fuel pump, AFR or a fuel pressure regulator. Recommendations?? :)

Okay sweet Thanks mate :). Well I've now sorted all the issues, I had a pipe welded to my blitz valve and fitted it to the car and now sounds as though the chatter is coming from my air filter which, to my understanding, isnt good :S. My blitz valve doesnt seem to be letting off any pressure, I thought this may be due to the spring on the DV being too tight so I loosened but still the same chatter from the air filter. It sounds immense but its not good for the turbo :(. Any other advise??

Hmm, not sure why thats occured, is it on the hot or cold side? And is the vacuum line definately connected to it right?

When I fitted my front mount and left my turbo meshed i got some amazing turbo chatter alon with some small dump valve noise, but upon fitting my filter relocation the dump valve noise is back, with only occasional chatter from slow lift offs.

As for whether chatter is bad, its debateable, doubt it does much harm personally as just fitting an air filter stopped mine, so i assume it must do it constantly but your filter masks the noise

Cold side dude, and yep vacuum lines connected. So if I take the efi pipe out and get a filter then that may help?? Where did you get the filter relocation kit?? As Im guessing the ebay stuff prob wont be too good quality

As for air filter relocation if u have and spare pipe lying round from intercooler etc u only need a bend off the turbo in the direction to your grill mate and as for chatter people say different thing but Im not personally kean on dv and had chatter for four years with my ct9 set up and now chatter with my td04 set up and not had a problem or noticed a difference between spool times etc but each to there own what ever u would prefer mate

Tbh "pick1" Im with you on the chatter side of things as it sounds the tits :D. I've just looked up the relocation kits and found that I could jjust buy a couple of silicone elbows and a joiner pipe and id be away, only thing is I want my blitz Air filter to fit but it is pretty big lol. Random question but do u know how to upload photos?? because I can show everyone the engine set up then

I'm not 100% sure then mate, although I did read a topic recently on blitz dump valves chattering and not dumping. My HKS SSQV deffo sounds different since fitting an FMIC though

AS for the kit, I got Dean from RW developments to make me a custom kit to fit my HKS mushroom filter, mines huge but just fits :)