turbo conversion help needed

Basically I have a starlet Sr that I am converting into a turbo I have sourced an engine out of A .gt turbo ep82 and am now researching the rest of the parts I need I have looked at all the forums but everyone says different things can someone tell me exactly what I need wiring loom etc to plum this engine into my Sr thanks

Get a glanza loom, then theres a few sensors that are needed from the 91 4efte, u also need the indicator stalks from the V.

I dont no wat sensors they are I've never done a 4efte swap, but its been covered 1000000000000 times lol a quick search should uncover what u need to know :)

Depending what you read and who you listen to you will get different answers. The easiest way in my opinion (being in the middle of the conversion myself) is to use the full glanza looms, engine, dash and boot looms along with those you would need the glanza indicator stalks and the top part of the steering column (most people dont tell you you need this but the mounting plate at the top is a different shape) glanza clocks fuel pump and the ignitor, a glanza fan and radiator or civic rad depending on what turbo kit you want to run. The only issues with doing it this way are you will loose the electric headlight motors, the dash doesnt have a dimmer and you will need to wire in a rear fog light. along with that you will need to run rear speaker wiring if your glanza loom doesnt have the wires as i believe it was optional exrtra for rear speakers.

hth

Rob

The easiest and most cost effective way is to buy a smashed glanza and swap everything over, u will make money back on parts u sell.

I had a gt as a donor and made money instead of spending money. If i could start again id have baught a glanza and done the conversion with them both side by side then sell whats left over.

• 4 weeks later...

the ep 82 engine is now fitted and just picked up the glanza engine loom dash loom and ecu with the stalks can someone verify please what sensors i need to change to wire all this up or am i now set up for a plug and play job thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depending what you read and who you listen to you will get different answers. The easiest way in my opinion (being in the middle of the conversion myself) is to use the full glanza looms, engine, dash and boot looms along with those you would need the glanza indicator stalks and the top part of the steering column (most people dont tell you you need this but the mounting plate at the top is a different shape) glanza clocks fuel pump and the ignitor, a glanza fan and radiator or civic rad depending on what turbo kit you want to run. The only issues with doing it this way are you will loose the electric headlight motors, the dash doesnt have a dimmer and you will need to wire in a rear fog light. along with that you will need to run rear speaker wiring if your glanza loom doesnt have the wires as i believe it was optional exrtra for rear speakers.

hth

Rob

It's not something I've done myself, but yea if you get everything on the list you should definitely get it in and running. Don't forget the Glanza ECU too.

I expect you could add more parts, depending on what extra goodies you'd like to fit at the same time.

Edited by uberphil88

In which case I'm pretty sure you'd have to run a TD04 or equivalent, so you'd probably need a half-size rad to get it all in. You'd also need a decent manifold, but I'm not sure which is the best option for that...

You'd also probably need an EMB to get it running sweet. I think you could get something going with a FCD and FPR, but EMB would run much better. Then there's a shedload of extra stuff you could add like a boost controller, you may want a decat and you'd want a good exhaust too, you may want to setup a FMIC at the same time as fitting and possibly a relocated air filter; it really depends on how much you want to spend methinks lol!

At this point it gets a bit too technical for me lol, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable could add to that lot lol.

Edited by uberphil88