Nanglebadger should turbo!

Hell yes he should!

But at the end of the day, the guy can only do what his funds allow him :blink:

I think insurance rips his arse as his car is!

But it would certainly give the Nanglewagon that extra specialness! :lol:

If only people would understand lol.

If you thought an SR turbo conversion is dear to insure in UK, it will double that or more over here in NI.

Why do you think I haven't done it yet lol

It would be a piece of piss to get the conversion done, but the insurance would be whack and when u do things like us guys you want to do them properly especially if you are on fully comp. I would head over to Jays and buy his 4efte rolling shell next week no hassle.

Still won't hurt to get a quote tho, Phil does have good ncb whereas I don't altho Im 24 lol

Joz

:D :D :D:) im afraid both foggy and Joz hit the nail on the head guys!

funds and insurance...so funds again really! plus, if i did do it it would be a long drawn out project as i dont like to cut corners, it would be done to a stupidly high standard and therefore require evern greater funds!

sux i know!

Phil.

As im finding out doing the conversion is pretty expensive. Im getting the engine from a contact for around £600 but then you have to consider everything else aswell. Here is a bit of maths for you from prics i've got:

£600 - Engine for the conversion

£180 - New exhaust as you cant use the N/A one

£35 - For the engine lift rental for 2 days

£300 - Front mount intercooler as you shouldn't really have a top mount with no air scoop.

A grand total of £1115

I already have all the tools for the conversion but if you have got them be prepared to add more. Plus if you can't do it yourself then it's gonna cost quite a bit more.

You would have to be very dedicated to the idea aswell.

I've got my heart set on it so nothing will change my mind

Yep, very true.

There is nothing that is gonna change my mind though as it is something i really wana do. Im saving up the money to do it all at once aswell. Im gonna take a week off work to do it all.

I wanted to do it in august but because of my girlfriend persuading me to go away im looking at the region of october/November and that is being realistic.

you can do it for less than £1000! ive worked it out before. u dont need a crane either, the engines can be lifted out by hand. and u can front mount the standard intercooler if u were straped for cash. u can use the standard exhaust, my friend phil done it on his sr. id say it could be done in 2 n haf days if u were on the ball.

engines can be got for 550, think u also need driveshafts

weejohn wires it up for 250

wiring loom - get one off jay for £50 i reckon

ecu - im selling one atm for £20

u can recycle your old radiator fluid,

oils £12

filters £3

dont know were u got 100quid for fluids from! u can use the excisting gear box

would recomend gt brakes aswell but could be done at a later stage when got cash saved up.

its a very very cheap conversion, think of the money ud spend on your standard 4efe over time gettin a nice exhaust, air filter, corrolla mani ect. and youd see very little gains. 4efte is close to double the power of your standard 4efe too!

dont think i left anythin out, hope this helps.

Your right you could get it done for less than a grand but like phil said it is something that should be done right regardless of cost rather than quick and cheaply.

I'd rather spend a good amount of money knowing it's gonna work than having problems. Before i do it im gonna get everything ready to go on so it can be done smoothly.

Im also taking the week off work just in case something goes wrong. I prepare for the worse in doing something like this because there is always a risk something can go wrong.

that is doin it right! its only keeping the cost down until you can afford the rest. spending more money doesnt mean its done better or gonna make more power! for example alan d spent nearly 20k on his gt full race engine with hybrid ect and was only touching the 200bhp mark, weejohn im guessing would have spent around 3k turboing his sportif and was making the same power on standard internals on a td04 off a volvo!

as long as your prepared to do the work it will keep cost down and youll learn loads more about your car and know its done right because youve done it yourself and these formums are here to help when you get stuck and to make sure your doin things rite!

see, if i was ever gonna do it then sicaln's impact on me would be CLEARLY visible! i wouldnt be lookin to rush it, i'd buy a stand and save up for the bestest of the bestest parts over a few years maybe 4 or 5, so that i know in my own head that every part is as good as it can possibly be! forged internals, uprated maniifold, the best ecu etc etc etc the works (i dont really know wot im talkin about here) and then over to see the guy that mapped Geo's. also, i have NO mechanical knowledge to speak of when it comes to engines so there wouldnt be a prayer i'd be doin much of it myself! not gonna lie, if i was doin it i'd be lookin for large horsies, hence upratin EVERY part to the best available so i know there would be no problems (or as little as possible).

would be a long drawn out and very very...very expensive conversion. i'm a perfectionist, i like things done just right, no error. adaman's car is runnin 300bhp as far as im aware, i would probably aim for that...may be unreaistic for me but no harm in hopin.

Phil.

Phil has the idea im thinking of building an engine next year now and dropping it in once its built

At least that way it will all be completety modded before it goes in and you know everything is right :)

def i was thinking about putting a gt engine in mine for a long long time would love to see it really done

glad to see the club up and running

talk to u soon phil

to all ukscni members rock on

love ya all

laura

:D:)

No harm in being a perfectionist with things.

As has been said before, do it cheap, you do it twice.

Get it right first time :D

by the way, I think Adamans 300bhp GT was a forged 5efte though, rather than a 4efte.

(not sure, but pretty sure :))