Burning Oil like a....

Smoking ciggarette?

A piece of paper?

A Really hot thing?

Whatever its like, i topped up my 4e-fe from near enough to min to the max marker and within about 4-5 days its dropped over a quarter already :(

My misses says its quite smokey and smells when she followed me earlier and I've noticed tiny black specs all over the back.

I did run some Injector Cleaner through a full tank about 2 weeks ago and noticed the black specs a few days later, coincidence?

That burning oil smell you get when giving it some beans seems to be alot stronger recently aswell

I have also noticed it sort of having a little jolt, very faint when letting off but dont think this could be related.

Im thinking maybe valve stem seals or rings?

Engine just ticked over 123k, could it be writing its will and getting ready to go to a better place?

Sorry for the long post just trying to be as thorough as possible.

Hmmm, im handy enough with a spanner and willing to dive in and have ago myself, might see if i can find a corolla haynes manual with the 4e-fe as a bit of guidance. Ill start looking at prices for stuff, if it starts getting too expensive ill just take her off the road for a while and turbo it :D

Cost wise, headgasket rings and whilst your at it valve stem seals, as a minimum! Not sure if the head bolts need replacing or if there reusable. A genuine gasket set from toyota which will have everything to rebuild the head will be £100-120 at a guess rings prob a similar amount if genuine, it would prob be cheaper to get a 2nd hand engine and dump that in there ;)

Many thanks folks. I've emailed a few breakers gauging interest.and quite surprised at the price you can pick up an N/A engine for. Really i need another year of the sr being a good runner then i can look into boosting it or getting a glanza