When I bought my car - The bloke said it had a HKS Ecu unit and a HKS FCD - Now I knew one of the 2 was aloud of rubbish due to the fact if I run an Ecu I dont need a FCD.

Ive just found my HKS FCD And finally found where the ECU is located too, Whats the chances of me having the ECU and would it be stamped all over it?

If its a HKS will more than likely be an F con, and will look similar to(colour and stuff may vary):

hks-fcon-v-pro-is.jpg

However i'm not sure if these are piggyback or standalone, if the first then the standard ECU will be there still

HKS never made an ECU that replaces the stock ECU on the starlet they are all retain the stock ecu so unless you have 2 ECU's there you will not have a HKS ECU.

Thats not to say you might have another sort of re-mapped ecu but these don't need a FCD so i'd say the seller wasn't being honest.

Hks made the hks-pfc fcon which required an fcd, it'll be piggybacked to your standard ecu and has its own map sensor if its there.. They are mapped with trim pots on the main pcb and were quite good at the time

• 2 weeks later...

yep thats what I've just brought of some1 it should be a black box with HKS PFC FCON written in white writing on the front of the box, like them picture show. and theres a smaller boxed unit with the adjustable trump pot across the front like this ->http://forums.drom.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=1620470&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1321655364