hitting fuel cut?

Guest Enzo

there is so much to think about no that i have a turbo.?

how would i go about setting it up with a wide band o2 sensor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aftermarket computer.

Try this guy from Berkshire

Mark Shead M.A. Developments

Greenfield House

7 Braywick Road

Maidenhead, Berkshire

SL6 1BD

United Kingdom

Ph: 01628-671056

Fax: 01628-781576

Mob: 07768-356204

mark@madevelopments.com

www.madevelopments.com/

They are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for...

Also, when it comes to FCD, dont run too high a boost, only have the FCD there incase it spikes too high. I would leave it at around 11-12psi.

Ivan

it's prob being caused because your getting boost creep and creeping all the way up to fuel cut. it creeps slowly up eg. 7psi....8...9..10.11.12 CUT CUT CUT

[Toby]theory is that the wastegate simply cant rid the boost (hole to small, flap buggered) therefore instead of controlling the boost and flowing it out the exhaust once the desired amount of boost has been found, some is left behind causing creep[/Toby]

guy called Petbeemer on TGTT.com can mod your wastegate and manifold to stop the creep, think he charges about £30

The ct9b's on the glanza seem alot less prone to boost creep that the ep82 ct9a well thats my experience. As ivan says an aftermarket computer i really the best way to go but you have to decide how far you plan to take your tune you can soon spend £50-£75 on an fcd and the same again if not more on a RRFPR this will be wasted money if at the end of the day 6 months down the line you go to an aftermarket computer

Simon

so if i go for an after market computer will i not need a rrfpr at some point in the future?

@Ivan,

thanx for hunting out that address but the guy is based at the other end of country anyways

Why are you hitting Fuel cut in the first plce, you got a boost guage how does it read? I would not recommend FCD or BCC as it is effectivly "Tricking" the ecu into thinking less boost then what you are really running.

I'd go the ECU route as Street suggested, as the ECU can accoemdiate all of that better then the FCD or RRFPR because everything is intergrated, also with the ECU the ECU will be mapped especially for your engine and turbo so you will experience better gains, also the FCD nor RRPFR does not offer ignition timing :S

So to cut a long story short, I'd go for the ECU as it would be more benficial to you !

thanx for the reply matey,

im not hitting fual cut yet but up until recently there was a whole host of turbo related shit i knew nothing about,

and thought this would be my first problem when i start uping the boost,

Oh Well cut is your "safety "basically it prevents you from boosting to much, I believe it's 13.5Psi someone say 12 some people say 14 :s I boost to 13.5 and hit cut, but on very cold nights.. It's there to prevent you from fucking up the engine :S LOL.

Like the rev limiter..

As you know your trying to control Boost which is effetivly air.. and that isn't something easy to control and limit, so hence why fuel cut is put there, fuel cut is factory on alot of turbocharged cars actually.

A lot of jap cars it is.

In japan most places don't sell FCD on their own. usually come with fuel controllers too, as mentioned, they trick the ecu by raising the limit, so although you're running say 15psi, the ecu is only fueling for 13.5psi (or whatever the cut off is) which is where a rrfpr, ecu or fuel controller come into play.

As mentioned its there to protect the engine, so best not remove it unless other mods are also applied to compensate. It's also not a good idea to keep hitting fuel cut either when it is there.

I have tried searching the net but cant find anyone that sells Greddy BCC or Jam BCC for the EP82 starlet.

Anyone know somewhere?

Also why is the reason it cuts boost? Is it because the car cannot fuel enough for over 14psi so the ecu stops it? or if a BCC is fitted will the ecu be able to fuel enough for the car to not run lean at 14-15psi? (becuase with a BCC the ecu will try and fuel for the correct boost, wont it? Whereas with an FCD the ecu is tricked and will fuel for a lower boost causing it to run lean)

Im new to starlets so sorry for the stupid questions B)

I have tried searching the net but cant find anyone that sells Greddy BCC or Jam BCC for the EP82 starlet.

Anyone know somewhere?

Also why is the reason it cuts boost? Is it because the car cannot fuel enough for over 14psi so the ecu stops it? or if a BCC is fitted will the ecu be able to fuel enough for the car to not run lean at 14-15psi? (becuase with a BCC the ecu will try and fuel for the correct boost, wont it? Whereas with an FCD the ecu is tricked and will fuel for a lower boost causing it to run lean)

Im new to starlets so sorry for the stupid questions B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bcc works better than the fcd so im told because the fcd eliminates the cut and the bcc controls it and raises it, but whatever one you fit you should still get a rrfpr to be safe.

Once you fit a fuel cut defender the ecu still thinks its running standard boost so its only fueling for standard boost, but when you start boosting 14 psi and above its going to start running lean because the ecu doesnt know its boosting that much, which is where the rrfpr comes in.It raises the fuel pressure as the boost pressure rises.

The reason for the fuel cut in the first place is to stop the boost going too high and popping the engine. Toyota have just set a limit in which they think is safest, anything higher than that the engine will start to become unreliable. But you should be alright running a bar B)

also go over to toyotagtturbo.com and ask if anyones got a fcd, theres always people on there that have a few B)