FINALLY BACK IN A STARLET!!!!!

Sold my GT a couple years ago as I moved into the city and didn't need a car. Regret that decision every day, that car was awesome. I think its now written off as well :(

Picked up a pretty decent Glanza from my mate, decent spec and should be decent base for my plans :D

Mines the black one with Scotts new auto V that is amazing, bought from a member off here.

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

Spec off the top of my head is WEPR CT9 Power-up kit (mani+decat) WEPR FMIC, Tial external waste gate, Blue Flame Exhast, EBC Yellow stuff pads + front grooved disks, some form of aftermarket lowing springs with dampers (no markings that i can make out but they're not the standard items), Livesports rear wing will be coming off as I want to put the standard one back on, I've also got recaro front seats, the passenger one is welded in already, need to get a subframe to suit the drivers side, currently got an ep95 seat and its utter wank...

Anyway, I'll try and keep this updated as much as I can, don't expect many changes until next year though :)

Planning on going down the k24 with forged internals route as everyone does TD04, I want to do something different.

Edited by Graeme

Both will be well looked after. Most people like the livesports wing, but its just not for me. Will be up for sale when I swap it for my OEM one. Loving driving it so far. So much fun.

You're mental taking it off!

I've got a black V aswell, so you wana do a deal, my OEM one for yours and how much money?

he is mental for taking it off :p i sold him the car with a standard spoiler also, think he is waiting to see if the livesports spoiler is genuine or not then he will state a price :)

he is mental for taking it off :p i sold him the car with a standard spoiler also, think he is waiting to see if the livesports spoiler is genuine or not then he will state a price :)

Exactly as Scott says, need to work out if its genuine or not first, then I'll know what its worth. I just don't like it...

Went to change the rear brake pads as they shafted, looks like the calliper is fubar'd. My friends dad is going to give me a hand reconditioning it, apparently he had to do a similar thing on a GT. If they are too far gone I'll be after a set of rear callipers. Anyone got a set lying around they want to give/sell to me for much cheapness??

Got the spoiler off and I'm back to OEM.

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

car looks weird now, think it needs a duck tail, i'll get one eventually. I have also ditched the rear tints as i couldnt see out the back at all. not good.

Just need to sort the rear brakes and get my drivers recaro welded in and i'll be happy.

The oem one i have has a small crack, will get this sorted out soon, only noticeable up close and the tailgate paint has worn where the livesports was touching it. so that will need to be sorted quite soon to avoid corrosion. Will do a quick paint job just to prevent that then get it done professionally one day.

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

Edited by Graeme

Almost forgot about my other mod with the car, you can see it in the pic above. I mounted a set of alpine speakers to my parcel shelf. They light up and are generally made of awesome. Sound is a bit weak but I haven't made vents under so there isn't enough air being moved, once thats sorted I reckon the sound will be ace.

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

(Cheers Scott ;))

Day off today so did some work on the car. I decided I wanted orange lenses on my indicators so I swapped them over. Before I did that i painted the inside satin black, its a very subtle change from the grey it was and you would notice it more with the clear lenses, but it does make a difference to the front. It looks like I think it should have looked from the factory. Im happy :)

Primer

IMAG0419.jpg

no pics of it black (use your imagination here...)

reassembled and fitted

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

I also received the recaro rear bench from Si today. Its mint. took 10 min to fit and makes the interior so much better. Just need to get some new rails made up for the fronts. The passenger one sits far too high and i don't even have one for the drivers side, I've fallen out of the EP95 seat a few times going round corners.

Fitted

IMAG0420.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Let Scott borrow my wheels for his MOT as his tyres are on the legal limit and new ones wont arrive in time, got his wheels on mine just now.

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

Looks quite nice, its sitting low with the 14's, scrapes going up onto the drive though.

Thief hard at work...

IMAG0466.jpg

Edited by Graeme