Ksport brakes...

how good are these brakes, trying to get some feedback but not finding anything about how well they perform. Was looking at WMS 4pots but then got told about Ksports and want to know how big of a difference they are,

Anyone who is running these brakes can you give me some feedback what they are like and are they worth that money...?

Tom :thumbsup:

will make your car do endo's mate, lol! brilliant brakes but are a bit over an overkill if your not running silly power really.

4 pots will be more than enough I imagine and depends how much monies one has!

The calipers are so big on the ksports they might not fit inside your wheels either

hmm interesting cheers for the info mate am very tempted heard there are as good as wilwoods just wanted to hear from people on here,

i want it to rip my face off when i brake ha been too many times where i had to change boxers so dont mind spending it on only thing thats going to stop me, cant really put a price on brakes IMO lol

haha i have 16" dude so i should be ok with mine then, tuning developments seem to be best place to buy them from unless you know anywhere else i can get them from?

what style wheel do you have mate? offset etc?

if you wana spend the money then ksports all the way I think :) but as said, you dont realise how big the caliper is until you have it infront of you!

I made the mistake thinking they would fit inside my wheels and they didnt :( this caused me to then buy a new set lol, as i wasnt getting rid of the brakes :thumbsup:

Yeah i have them fitted, running 325bhp, ive never tracked the car and havent had them fitted long, but either way i dont think you will find better brakes to be honest. I done research before i bought them myself and it seems they are the best on the market

what style wheel do you have mate? offset etc?

if you wana spend the money then ksports all the way I think :) but as said, you dont realise how big the caliper is until you have it infront of you!

I made the mistake thinking they would fit inside my wheels and they didnt :( this caused me to then buy a new set lol, as i wasnt getting rid of the brakes :thumbsup:

My wheels had better fit! Ive just had my arches rolled and bought spacers!! Il be fuming if ive wasted all that cash lol

They are Lenso's mate, 40 offset but going for 10 offset maybe with some cheeky Rota's off Iddy sometime soon,

Thats very helpful mate hahaha as if what wheels did you have? 16" hopefully will be ok lol

does ABS work with them or not mate? so they perform well then yeah? as you know alot of money but if it does the job then worth every penny

My wheels had better fit! Ive just had my arches rolled and bought spacers!! Il be fuming if ive wasted all that cash lol

:lol: :lol: same boat as me mate, I had to have all 4 rolled to accomodate the wheels which stick out a bit because of the spacers which i needed for these calipers :lol:

They are Lenso's mate, 40 offset but going for 10 offset maybe with some cheeky Rota's off Iddy sometime soon,

Thats very helpful mate hahaha as if what wheels did you have? 16" hopefully will be ok lol

does ABS work with them or not mate? so they perform well then yeah? as you know alot of money but if it does the job then worth every penny

If your thinking of getting rota grid drifts mate, 16" et10 then because of the design of the wheel, they wont fit over the caliper at all :( I tried these before I have the rota grids I have got now.

I think it has to be said it depends a lot on what your priorities are. The main difference between Ksport and WMS is that they have alloy bells.....but we WILL offer these at some point, and they will be a retro-fit to anyone who has a WMS kit already. This also means you can be sure the wheel offset (and therefore handling) hasn't been messed up by thick mounting flanges that many alloy bells resort to in order to get wheel clearance - we use a lower profile caliper instead as it's good to keep the wheels where Toyota designed them to be!

Most people are looking to save unsprung weight, and will be running 15's (or have 16's on the car normally, but have a set of 15's with cut slicks for race/trackday use), so we used a very light 275x22 disc as the primary kit as it gives an increase in torque and fade resistance without messing up the rotational and unsprung mass (unsprung mass reduces grip, rotational mass slows accelleration). If you want to go a step bigger to fill 16's we have the newer 295mm kit too!

One thing I've heard with Ksport too is they suppy a bag of washers to shim the caliper into the right place - you wouldn't catch us behaving like that, our kits fit the car properly straight out of the box!

We matched the piston area perfectly too so that the master cylinder travel and brake bias and ABS isn't messed up, and we design our kits so that replacement discs and pads are about half the cost of our competitors for the same compounds.

You can be sure if your wheels fit or not in advance before risking a heap of cash, as we have the print out > cut out > wheel test PDF profiles for every kit size (we can post them too if you supply your address and are happy to post them back!).

As I said it's all about priorities, ours is maximum bang-for-your-buck via understated high performance design / engineering. Ksport have a bit more bling, but bling never reduced a lap time.

:D

Im after grids mate so thats good news for me lol cant wait for the wheels to be fitted then it will all be completed ;) just everything inside needs changing then haha

Standard grids dont come with an offset of et10 mate, they come as like an et40 or something I think? so you would need spacers aswell :thumbsup: its the grid drifts that come with an offset of et10 but these dont work :( just a heads up :D

Thanks Keri still on the fence really about either yet, i would like to get either before JAE which i know is going to be difficult either way but ill let you know if i want some off you.

hmm ha not really looked into it just want a nice offset, research when it comes to it then i think do love Rota's they suite the cars so much, cant beleive no one is selling LSD at the min few weeks ago there were loads flying about lol typical... :(

I can get these in to prob bit cheaper than some let me know got mine coming over soon 20th August let me know what you want think and think hard k-sport all the way luv -it!no washer job like on here they said ...hurry

I saw a set of photos from a Ksport installation on TGTT and there was a bag of shims in with the kit, and the guy did use them from what I remember. I can't find the thread now, was a few months ago now.

I saw a set of photos from a Ksport installation on TGTT and there was a bag of shims in with the kit, and the guy did use them from what I remember. I can't find the thread now, was a few months ago now.

/>http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?97517-CR-Developments-amp-K-Sport-Brake-Kit-Experience

They shouldn't be needed, our kits allow about 1.4mm gap on each side (after seal springyness call it 1.0mm) - if you add a single 1mm washer/shim you'll end up with a 2mm gap on one side and a "zero" on the other, so our kits are not a loose fit either.

If shims were needed to allow for Toyota's manufacturing tolerances our kits wouldn't fit - but they do, so shims shouldn't be needed by any other kits either.

If a hub/strut is that bend, or a wheel bearing has failed with over 1mm of play, the duff parts should be replaced! :D