• 1 year later...

Having owning an SR and a normal starlet,

I drive it regularly enough to feel how the car reacts......

SR.... Steering feels very positive compared to the normal starlet, still has lot of body roll but a lot less than it's lower models. You can feel every bump in the road, i drive my sr avoiding ridges and pot holes as they are rediculoysly bad! When turning sharp and accelerating it feels like the wheel wants to turn in more, giving you feedback to let off the throttle (under steer). The normal starlet feels like it's a spring retaining it asthough it wants to be straitened up.

Solidia or any non sr starlet

Feels....wank... Steering feels loose and when it does turn you have the body roll to follow, cornering hard.. Back end goes really light and a lot of lift off oversteer, feels in some what way unpredictable compared to the SR ( or that may be because I drove my SR more and trusted it)

Again you have to consider tyres.... Starlets have stupidly thin things where the SRs have 195s not massively wide but make a lot of difference in traction and handling!

• 1 year later...