Best filter for airflow??

Guys a legend, wish i could have gone to his recent seminar :/

Agreed! The blokes a genius and I don't think there are many other people out there with the knowledge he has!

Wish he would post up a calender of dates/places where hes doing seminars :(

Edited by AdamB

yeh that video has certainly opened my eyes a little bit :) but................................did he test it against an apexi I wonder? lol! because if that link in which 4 different filters where tested the apexi still came out on top :) and you dont have to look after it............................bonus :thumbsup:

No I don't think David compared to other filters as the video is quite old I think. But the main thing to understand is that, run with an air filter it prolongs the life of your stock and forged engine, running witouth an air filter doesn't increase performance it actually decreases it due to the quality of the air. How well will an Apexi filter air even when its clogged up with dirt? Lets face it, who can be bothered to clean the outside diameter of the filter in a solvent every month? Also our cars are used for road more often than not, you will pick up more shit on the road than you will on a race track. If he measured a teaspoon of shit in 40 mins of racing, think of how much you will collect on an hours drive on the road!

Also David explained EXACTLY how the air filter worked compared to traditional type paper elements. Knowing how a component works is probably more important than the job it does.

Edited by AdamB

It was in a magazine, car mechanic? cant remember to be precise covered topics like

making a cheap flow bench

camshaft secrets of which the companys dont want you to know about

Valve shape/design

Etc etc

Sorry there was a two page spread focusing on him and what hes going to cover in the seminar, the above topics + more

Shit! Its in sept i think mate thought it was in july...if you can have a deek in the car mechanics/diy mechanics mag...its a couple of days before my exam thats why i cant go