standalone advise

You can use the stock triggers from the dizzy no problem, that will support sequential ignition.

You'll deffo have to swap out the map sensor and TPS to a variable unit. I'd also personally swap out the AIT for a more fast response unit.

The Emerald doesn't support Knock control so theres one sensor you can get rid of as it'll be no use.

The only sensors you need to run the Emerald are :

RPM trigger

AIT

CTS

MAP

Lambda

You don't need to run a TPS as it can use the Map sensor as load, although it will run both.

Edited by AdamB

im getting the emerald ordered in this weekend i believe .... looking to run 3 maps on it ... track day map every day map and a launch control map... what we did in the bora with the emerald is have the high beam placed some where else as a switch so that we can use the high beam leaver as the launch control leaver... ill sit on the line pull on the high beam ... and wapwapwapwapwap boom =@ out the hole 20 psi boost :shok: :D

Edited by rasslenny

Let us know how you get on mate, would be interesting to see a starlet run one of these :)

yea not going individual coils that is more work there again and this project is quickly getting way out of hand ... and i mean way out of hand and i haven't even painted the dam thing yet....for christ sake i just payed 3000 tt dollars on an entire 5e head an block and all i real want is the bottom end

Adam are u running a stand alone ecu cuz if i run into any problems ill be messaging you for help.... we've been in touch with Dave Walker from emerald and he says it will definitely work doing what we want it to do .... but he himself has not worked on one of these engines so it will be a learning experience for him as well ... well from 10 million miles away that is

Edited by rasslenny

You can run individual coils no problem just using the OEM dizzy triggers, although there is more cost as you have to buy extra coils depending on your ignition setup. I know what you mean, we pay over the odds for a 5E here unless your lucky to find a deal, some people even buy the whole car!

I've got a Motec to fit mate, I spent a lot of time researching into what ecu to run, I narrowed it down to Haltech or Link that was reasonable cost wise and still provided good enough control for what I needed. Or if I wanted to spend big money then Syvecs or Motec, but it just so happened a Motec cropped up at the right price.

There's no doubt it will work for sure, its just a case of configuring everything to work, which I'm sure if your tuner is a dealer he is more than competent enough to get it working for you :)