So ive not long replaced my clutch due to thinking it was slipping but when the box came off the old clutch had plenty meat left on it and has since been used in a diff starlet where it is perfect.

The biting point is quite high up and is not very strong like it should be it just sort of slowly bits until your foot is off the clutch and the car judders slightly.

My next port of call is to flush through with new brake fluid to see if thats the issue but i have a funny feeling that it is down to wearing on the flywheel.

So from there im looking for opinions on whether skimming my flywheel would sort the issue which i assume it would.

Or would i just be better if buying a new flywheel or aftermarket one????

Opinions and links would be apprectiated.

Cheers

Its not changin though mate its constantly shite lol. It feels like a worn clutch or as i suspect a worn flywheel thats what i believe and its done nearly 150km now and has always been completely standard so i doubt ever had anywork to the flywheel.

It could be because the clutch face is new and is pressing up against a used/worn fltwheel mate! Best bet would be to either get a new/newish fly and put that in :) or you could maybe get your fly skimmed but that sometimes has a tendancy to bring on hairline cracks etc

I thought it was due to the face of the the flywheel being worn where the clutch contacts it and basically causing the friction plate to sit further away from it when disengaged due to the lip and the wear on the flywheel.

Im more after ideas of where to get flywheels is there more options than just standard etc etc?

Give me a week or so dude and I will have it :D wether that helps or not I don't know? My car is at TD so will need them to send it to me if your interested? Good thing about these aswell is that you can get new friction plates for them for like £50 from fensport

What do you mean is the friction part of the flywheel removable on them? Ive got a few other issues im in the process of fixing atm anyway so im in no rush to go pulling the box off again so dont worry about that. PM me how much you woyuld be after for it?

Trust me mate id like to i just dont have that kind of money at the moment ive just spent a grand on a turbo management and other stuff and ive still to get it all mapped or i would have had it off you.

Looks like ill just have to get mine skimmed.

Aye mate same she says i spend more time with my car than her lol. Ive got a corsa vxr aswell that she drives and the air con has been broken for nearly a year on it lol and ive no intention of fixing it she does my head in about it.