Oil return touching exhaust bracket

Hmm i wouldnt like that at all!!! dont forget the engine moves back and forth and if that splits your oil is going to gush out of your sump!!! Why is it that close in the first place?

But then again just thinking about it it dose all stay still as the bracket is atached to the engine! see if you can move it over just to be on the safe side

Edited by micky boy

id get one of deans hoses tbh i had my return split twice both were replacement toyota iteams. roads down this way are pretty bad but a good quality hose is well worth the money just for the safety of your engine

Is that bracket not for the decat though? i wouldnt be happy with all that weigh hanging just on my manifold!!! Will crack it in no time also even worse could crack the stood on the head! And we all know how week the heads can be on these cars! thats just me though a bracket is there for a reason

Is that bracket not for the decat though? i wouldnt be happy with all that weigh hanging just on my manifold!!! Will crack it in no time also even worse could crack the stood on the head! And we all know how week the heads can be on these cars! thats just me though a bracket is there for a reason

It's obsolete for my set up braced off the gearbox now :D

take the bracket off i dont have one anymore :D

My exhaust front pipe is braced from that mate, as with the standard, and due to fujitsubo exhausts not having a flexi in I assume this helps it not to break.

U can on monday right next door to me and u can see my v :)

That's a pretty good idea mate but I'm back at work Monday unfortunately :(

As aky said mines braced from the gearbox as its zisco, however the thin bracket bolted to the bottom is what my front pipe clamps around to brace that, and as you say, that's there for a reason.

Anyone fancy taking a pic of there bracket to show how it should sit?

There's only one way the bracket bolts to the block. Moving the bracket might upset the exhaust position. If it's only the oil feed that is not OE then I would start my search there. Perhaps the oil return pipe is sitting at an angle?

You could use some spiral wrap as a means of protection until you find a better fix.

Heres a few pics of how it was form different angles:

1f263eb8.jpg

e72e8c61.jpg

So, out came the Dremel:

43f5e025.jpg

Before realising that the bolt holes allow some room for adjustment with the bracket, which gave me this:

7ec94997.jpg

Is that as much room as standard or should there still be more? It was the movement of the bracket which has given the most space as I only took a couple of mm off the brasckets to stop it touching for now.

I am however wondering if I should remove the brsacket all together as having the exhaust clamped to a brace is causing this, is this gonna cause early failure of the exhaust or is it ok?

6a687ef4.jpg

Finally, whils under there I noticed this light oil misting, it seems to be coming from above the oil filter and the rocker gover gasket was recently changed, so unless its from before or its after me spilling during oil changes, any ideas?

7dbdfc49.jpg

0dc814c9.jpg