ASBO - Judge, Jury, Executioner

Back in July I was issued with an ASBO because of how loud the chatter from the car was (lol)

Then last night when i was driving home from work, I was pulled over by some traffics who were doing a speed trap. Which was weird as i was doing about 50 at the time.

Turned out i had overtaken an off duty police officer who had considered my overtake to be "Inconsiderate"

Absolutely no way to contest this, he need not provide any proof. basically i was fucked.

Recovery firm were called, and after a few blocks of wood were placed, the car was on the back of a lorry.

A couple hours later, and £150 lighter, i got the car back.

Absolutely gutted, worst feeling ever watching you car being taken away.

And it just doesnt seem right that they can do all that, without any form of appeal or without any actual proof.

Yea, its a remote wee town in Scotland, so they are bored shitless.

Any time ive ever been pulled is here. I lived in Glasgow for 2 years with absoultely no problems.

Move back home for summer and the nonsense starts again. Sick of it

I'm going to put this out there but you would be more than entitled to take them to a small claims court. As like you said they have no evidence that would hold up in a court of law. I also think that may be considered an abuse of position. If this was the case they could claim anyone they may have an agenda against was speeding or overtaking inconsiderately.

I got given an asbo thing once in the starlet too, did a very slight wheelspin in the wet into a small carpark once. Police came over and gave me all their crap etc. my aunt works at the police station and i later found out they had said i was doing 50 along the street and handbreak turned into the car park....the entrance is barely wider than the car and if they had actually seen me they would have seen i was sat at the entrance for a few mins as pedestrians kept walking past.

Really pissed me off at the time as they obviously didnt see a thing. Thankfully it was a couple of years ago now and its gone.

Just checked and apparently they can basically do what they like when it comes to traffic offences. Even if you had evidence that you were driving safely you might still be over ruled. Still though id speak with a lawyer because imo its a complete and utter liberty and there must be a flaw. As you could invent your own evidence that he has an agenda against you.

I'm going to put this out there but you would be more than entitled to take them to a small claims court. As like you said they have no evidence that would hold up in a court of law. I also think that may be considered an abuse of position. If this was the case they could claim anyone they may have an agenda against was speeding or overtaking inconsiderately.

Sorry to burst yor bubble pal but this aint a matter for small claims court and if it was to be appealed its not worthwhile financially,

Small cliams is only for making claims for money and its not worthwhile for this type of case,

It costs approx £90 to make a claim in small claims court and the maximum ammount awarded will be the ammount weyro had to pay in fines and recovery etc IF his appeal is successful.

before he can even try to claim the money back he has to appeal agaisnt the convction and win the case which can cost thousands in legal fees and then he can take it to small claims to revcover the money he paid in fines,

legal aid is not available for appeals against convictions,

I deal with these type of matters at work on a daily basis

H_D

Sorry to burst yor bubble pal but this aint a matter for small claims court and if it was to be appealed its not worthwhile financially,

Small cliams is only for making claims for money and its not worthwhile for this type of case,

It costs approx £90 to make a claim in small claims court and the maximum ammount awarded will be the ammount weyro had to pay in fines and recovery etc IF his appeal is successful.

before he can even try to claim the money back he has to appeal agaisnt the convction and win the case which can cost thousands in legal fees and then he can take it to small claims to revcover the money he paid in fines,

legal aid is not available for appeals against convictions,

I deal with these type of matters at work on a daily basis

H_D

Sorry to burst your bubble pal.

If you had read my post after this you would have seen that i corrected myself.

i no how u feel man, the very same thing happened a mate i was the beside him, passed out an off duty cop got to the next town and there was the cops in front of us, the did not take the car do, there is fuck all u can do cops always win, i would say u just had a bit of bad luck and met a wanker cop on his power trip,