I have a 97 glanza and when trying to start from cold but mainly warm the engine takes loads of turns to crank. Then eventually it fires up. The car has a fuel pressure regulator installed but don't know if it is this thats maybe causing the problem. What do you guys think? Thank you.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I find if I switch it off then try again it fires up with a lot less cranking but still more than expected. I brought the car with modifications already installed so I do not know what has been messed around with which is kind of annoying now I have the car. I have a feeling it is a fuelling issue but them I could be wrong.

im the same mate i have problems like when i beep my horn my interior light comes on and if im on turbo timer and put my handbrake down engine will cut out lol must be an earth wired to it !! thats the thing they have been tamperd with so much you never know what goes were!

What pressure is it showing whilst cranking? You will obv need someone to do it so you can read the guage. Try changing the fuel filter first as its prob clogged up, relatively cheap aswell. Just before you go changing the pump.

Jake you should know if yours is on its way out now the rear interior is stripped, because it'll be whining its tits off.

• 1 month later...

Old post but thought I would add, I have just recently started to get a noise (crunching/grinding) on start up, it only when I turn the key for engine start whilst engine is turning over, have a feeling it could be starter motor but you guys have any ideas or had something familiar? Thanks

Thought I would add the starter has never failed to turn on the car..

Edited by Sefton-EP91