Been keeping tabs on how my car is running, I changed all the plugs, rocker cover gasket and the spark plug seal as I had oil on the spark plug hole (oil all over the spark plug) So thought maybe this would be the reason as to why the car runs slightly lumpy. But it still runs the same, it's missing quite badly. Can you guys suggest anything else? Was thinking distributor cap and rotor arm but it was replaced by the previous owner..

Was it missing before you replaced these parts? Or was it missing as bad as it is now?

Were the plugs gapped?

Is there any water/residue down the spark plug holes? Spray the holes out with some WD40.

I would check the condition of the cap and rotor arm, if they seem to be ok then maybe do a compression test. A missfire can also be related to low compression.

The misfire was there before I replaced all these parts, tbh I haven't checked the cap and arm condition and will do that when I get a chance, I will do a compression test aswell. What's a good reading when doing a compression test? I was sold the car a week ago and want to get her running up to scratch. I have a long list of bits that need doing already :(

have you done a self diagnostic test? may show what up if its electrical

I haven't done no self diag on the car yet how would I do that, I bridge two connections? Which ones?

Start the gap at 1.1mm mate, if it gets worse then knock it down to 1mm and so on.

What plugs do you recommend?

Sefton, look for the grey diagnostic box under the bonnet, either near the rear bulkhead, or next to the fusebox. You need to bridge the connections TE1 and E1. There should be a sticker on the underside of the diagnostic port lid telling you which ones TE1 and E1 are.

Once that's done, switch ignition to On, and look for the engine light flashing. If its a steady flash of about 0.2 secs between, then there's no codes. If there is a code, it'll flash indicating the first digit, wait for half a second, then flash the second digit. For example, flash - 0.5 secs - flash flash, would be code 12.

Edited by Bluebear