Saxo VTR/VTS Better than Gt's and Glanza's?

from a blatant handeling point of view both the ep and saxo/106 chassis share supremely effective dated suspension technology

my idea of a grudge match best motoring style would be to have a 106 quicksilver/saxo furio pitted against a starlet sr with anti roll bar and anti lift kit,

id hedge a bet that there would be fuckall difference between all three and would make a good watch.

ps ive owned two saxos and four eps

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my idea of a grudge match best motoring style would be to have a 106 quicksilver/saxo furio pitted against a starlet sr with anti roll bar and anti lift kit,

id hedge a bet that there would be fuckall difference between all three and would make a good watch.

i would second that after being in an SR driven by my brother against similar cars <_<

well.. i hate to admit it but i was beaten by a vts on the motorway. my ep91 is sitting at 179.68bhp and i was doing 133 in 4th and the vts was i hate to say this but was getting no closer he was keeping the gap consistant and i could not pass him as i went into 5th. weeks later i got chatting to the guy i realised why it is cam'd chipped the lot thus being the reson i guess lol ....hat off to him.

well.. i hate to admit it but i was beaten by a vts on the motorway. my ep91 is sitting at 179.68bhp and i was doing 133 in 4th and the vts was i hate to say this but was getting no closer he was keeping the gap consistant and i could not pass him as i went into 5th. weeks later i got chatting to the guy i realised why it is cam'd chipped the lot thus being the reson i guess lol ....hat off to him.

lol nice wee storey just spend sum £££ on your starbo and F*** him

1.6lt vs. 1.3lt and both being modded, he'll surely have the greater top end speed due to greater engine capacity, so fair enough! However, with 179bhp I'd like to see him keep up with you to 60 ;)

1.6lt vs. 1.3lt and both being modded, he'll surely have the greater top end speed due to greater engine capacity, so fair enough! However, with 179bhp I'd like to see him keep up with you to 60 ;)

aye a mauled him off the lights upto about 80 i think then he pulled infront slightly and i could not get it back lol

Too long did not read. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S. They're both good in their own way stop stereotyping. Just because a "chav" is driving a Saxo doesn't make the Saxo a shit car. And just because a Glanza is supposed to be less common than a Saxo doesn't automatically make the Saxo shit and the Glanza amazing kthxbi.

Edit: Oopz typod.

You's guys have to remember that the susspension setup (perhaps the chassis, but not 100% sure) of the N/A Starlet, Glanza and GT hasn't changed since the introduction of the EP82. That's a 1980's design. 11 years older than the 106/Saxo's 1991 designed suspension.

The engine in the starlets are also a pretty old design too.

It's hardly a fair comparison in the first place.

My GF ad a saxo. sum guy came to buy it,on his way round it he shook the engine to check the mounts and the gearbox parted from the enigine!!!! :D:D:p ;) ;) bloody french!! so cheap!!

Made me chuckle :p

Take it he walked away :p

You's guys have to remember that the susspension setup (perhaps the chassis, but not 100% sure) of the N/A Starlet, Glanza and GT hasn't changed since the introduction of the EP82. That's a 1980's design. 11 years older than the 106/Saxo's 1991 designed suspension.

The engine in the starlets are also a pretty old design too.

It's hardly a fair comparison in the first place.

i have to disagree, i think on they are comparible right through the range if you think about it in terms of when they were manufactured, the weight and specs on power outputs

the 82 was releaesed in 1989 thats two years difference.

also the tu 8valve series of engines which ranged from 1.0-1.6 were very crude in their design but did offer decent torque levels.

i have an embarassing story to shed about being humped by a 1.1 saxo in my auto v along a 27 mile stretch of road,

it was in the pissing wet late at night me and a mate were racing back home and i just could not keep up in the corners due to no stearing feal and a shite standard chassis.

thats how medecore it is without handling aids but with an antilift kit and rear arb the there would not have been any contest

why are you all so quick to slate saxos because there common being your main point?

How narrow minded are you lot.

Im sorry but i used to own a saxo and im fed up with people that tarnish them all as chavtastic and common as muck

Ok so they are common, there cracking little cars for cheap money

and yes alot of them are chavalicious this isnt to do with the car so much as it is to do with the owners who are able to afford them. I put it to all of you who have slated saxos, you jump in one WITH AN OPEN MIND yeah the build quality isnt great and the gearbox is a little sloppy and the breaks arnt nothing special, but even at standard they are still brilliant little cars!!!

far to many people are far to quick to judge!! i cant say much i was on this band wagon once, then i drove my friends and fell in love, i can honestly say i would own one again and plan to for a second car!

so dont judge the car if you havnt drove one and say you hate them, drive one i bet your opinion will be changed!

just look on www.saxperience.com for some fine example of truely awesome saxos it might enlighten a few of you.

Face it saxos are chav cars!

I owned 3 saxos and sold them cause i got labeled a chav!

Also if you buy a saxo and get it lowered you may has well book your funeral cause they handle like shit and in the wet there horrid,thats why you will find most saxos at a scrap yard,when do you go to a scrap yard and find a starlet?

^^ Oh god I wish you hadnt said that..... Well have another 18 pages of comments now.

Ok. My mate has a Mk2 VTR, he has it lowered 35mm on springs, and thats it. My V has a whiteline rear bar, and Tein Super Streets all round. Through the bends he rapes me, on the straights I rape him. End of story.

Besides peeps I dont know why were fussing about this......again! This club is a Starlet club not a saxo- slating club. So lets just stick to talking about our cars and what we can do to improve them so were happier with their performance rather than what we can do to them to make them better than Sax06s. Just my 2p.

Alex.

i have to disagree, i think on they are comparible right through the range if you think about it in terms of when they were manufactured, the weight and specs on power outputs

the 82 was releaesed in 1989 thats two years difference.

That's like saying you could compare a Model T Ford to a Focus if it someone rebuilt a Model T this year.

When it was made is irrevelant. When it was designed is the important factor.

^^ Oh god I wish you hadnt said that..... Well have another 18 pages of comments now.

Ok. My mate has a Mk2 VTR, he has it lowered 35mm on springs, and thats it. My V has a whiteline rear bar, and Tein Super Streets all round. Through the bends he rapes me, on the straights I rape him. End of story.

Besides peeps I dont know why were fussing about this......again! This club is a Starlet club not a saxo- slating club. So lets just stick to talking about our cars and what we can do to improve them so were happier with their performance rather than what we can do to them to make them better than Sax06s. Just my 2p.

Alex.

Totaly agree with you,its a STARLET CLUB not SPAXO CLUB!

Through the bends he rapes me, on the straights I rape him. End of story.

Are u driving like an OAP lol??? A Starlet with coilovers, anti-lift kit etc, and decent tyres will be on par no bother. The difference isn't that great, not to make him rape you in corners. I whore it round corners and dont have any doubts about it staying on the road. I know my limits, and a saxo wouldnt take me past them.

That's like saying you could compare a Model T Ford to a Focus if it someone rebuilt a Model T this year.

When it was made is irrevelant. When it was designed is the important factor.

i think im mising your point foggy bud, december 89 was when the ep82 was introduced???????

ok think about it this way, in the late 80s 89 to be precise the japs were doing crazy things with their cars take the skyline gtr hicas, four wheel stearing etc

toyota at that time was a much bigger comany than the pegeot citroen group for example

and by far leagues ahead of any french company in terms of design and build quality

they were strapping turbo to their kay cars and each of the major manufacturers had something decent and exciting compared to french manufacturers.

so the saxo dates back to the mk1 106 that was introduced in 91 you say, so im confused about your point

could you reword dude so i have a better understanding