Fuel cat ? any one heard of it ?

Well i went over to my mates garage and as i pulled up had this elderly man questioning me about my starlet, he was mentioning a fuel cat basically a catalyist what is put in the fuel tank and takes normal 95 octane petrol upto just over 100 octane fuel !! Now i thought as he mentioned it was pure bulls**t but as he kept me there for nearly an hour talking about it i began to come round to it , if he was lieing then this bloke could lie for england any one else ever heard of it ? tempted to try it as he said he offers a 5000 mile guarantee and if your not happy with in that he will let you bring it back ! better fuel economy burns the fuel at a much lower temp less emisions and high octane fuel on tap last for 10 years??

I've heard of these things before. There is one that makes normal fuel safe to run on cars without hardened valve seats. Works as a catalyst. And there was a compan years ago making what they called fuel saver. I fitted a device that went inline on the fuel pipes to an old Datsun. Supposed to increase power and reduce pinking. Not sure if it made a difference. But I've see a simaler thing in hyper revs. That says fuel saver on it.

Take into account the fact that other things may be produced during the catalytic process. You may be getting all sorts of trace products going through your engine. Just because the combustion temperature is lower doesn't necessarily mean a slower burn rate/higher octane has been achieved.

When differences in intake temperatures and humidity of intake air is taken into account when comparing Japanese climate to our climate, your pissing in the wind putting higher octane mixes in. 98 is fair enough but any more than that and your getting nowhere unless your running big power or have been mapped to accommodate the octane.