383, 73 Charger Build

Ok guys thought you might be interested to see a build that i have ongoing at the mo with the father in law didn't where else to post this so here it be lol, if any of you have seen the programme burn notice you will see the car that the star in the show drives (michael westen) is a 73 charger the 73 charger normally comes with a 400ci engine this one came with an engine swap and it came with a 383 which is far better than the 400.

So far we're just building the engine back up the crank has been cleaned and 10thou removed (it looks brand new).

spec so far is

forged speed pro pistons

conrods in the 383 are steel rods and can handle good power so no need to uprate

Uprated bigger valves, valve seats cut.

uprated valve springs

blocks been decked, cylinders bored out 30thou actually now (439ci), cross hatch honed, crank shaved 10thou

cylinder heads skimmed

lumpier comp cam

Edelbrock intake

More specs to come here is some pics

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Edited by Socks

this thing is gonna be a beast he is contemplating a supercharger for it and if he doesn't he is going nitrous for it lol, personally i hope he goes the blower route :D.

the body work on it is rough looking at the mo but tbh for a car that was made in 1973 its not too bad i mean these things are solid i mean it takes 2 to lift one of the fucking doors lol, but the plan is to strip it back to a bare shell (as not only do we have this 73 charger on the go we have a dodge dart in middle of build aswell lol its stripped to a bare shell, but larry wants to charge on with the charger no pun intended.

more pics will be coming soon the block is pretty much set up the pistons are in but my fucking ipod died on me and i couldn't get any pics and i can only work on it at the weekend cause of the baby, but hoping to have it ready for street wheelers in the summer here in lethbridge its a massive car event the whole town becomes a car show the cars drive up and down the main strip and there is a 100ft drag event this year that was held on the main road :D crazy canadians lol. so larry wants to try it in the 100ft. i missed the 100ft event this year but have pics of last years if anyone wants to see them ?