Bears Glanza Daily Trackday Bargain Sort Out

So I've finaly got myself a glanza after years of wanting one.

I found it on ebay and put a bid in and got it at a steal (£1001)

there no rot anywhere and seems to be in faily good nick, given the price.

There are bits that need sorting like-

Wheel bearing passanger side.

Turbo timer seems to do what it likes and idles quite rough.

Oil spray that keeps apearing on the rocker sprayed towards the bulkhead, think its out the breather.

The wiring is A MESS! as in sub kit wiring and some shit siren thing that makes horse and cow noices lol

water in boot wheel well.

Rip a ghey HID kit out as they have seen better days and hardly work..

Need a new boost gauge as it reads 1.1 bar and im sure its not lol

Oil leak around the PAS pump area :s

so heres the pics from the advert as i havent had chance to take any myself yet.

T2eC16VHJHYE9nzpeCjkBQuOlFOg60_58_zps31f3a728.jpg

T2eC16ZHJH8E9qSEWy9eBQuOpTitQ60_58_zps2a3747da.jpg

KGrHqJHJDgFvcb-YzlBQuOyiRg60_58_zps6239a573.jpg

KGrHqFHJC8FBkW7e3tKBQuOuBQvw60_58_zps84e015d6.jpg

Edited by JDM Bear

I dont think it is running 1.1 to be honist (well i know its not lol) as theres no adjustable actuator or anything to turn it up. think the boost gauge is knackerd :/

So i finnishd work at 4 and been workin on it since so only 3 hours. found out this-

It had 3 sub/amp wiring kits in which where all bodged togeather and joined ever 20inchs with shite connectors so ripped all them out

Took the weird siron/mic cow noice thing out.

the turbo timer wiring was just wraped around the positive terminal so put a proper connector on it and now fully works and idles properly when its on count down.

Drained the rad and refilld it. left it running for 12 mins and the fan didnt kick in though :/

The oil leak is actualy quite bad lol it seems to be coming from the bottom front of the engine around the air con pump area (i think its the AC pump anyway lol)

So i had a very interesting and busy night, droped the gf off at work at 7 the headed strait round my mate dans house (see gimp pic below lol) to use his carport as it was belting it down with rain grrrr.

so first things first. thought id look into the oil leak abit more and then change the filter and oil.

so had a poke around to discover what i thought was part of the block was the oil filter! It was that cackd up and old it blended right in. so i brushed it off with my hand and it turned. It was less than finger tight. OIL LEAK SOLVED! yay.

also in the process found out i had a magnetic sump plug :)

IMG259.jpg

so after that thoughtid clean the breather filter as it was clogged with oil. then DAN TO THE RESCUE lol hehad some filter cleaner he uses on his motorX bike and it worked a treat on my breather

IMG260.jpg

IMG261.jpg

this stuff is bright blue and turned black as soon as we poured it in. Great stuff.

so then i whiped the intercooler off to clean the rocker up so i could figure out where the oil was actualy coming from the breather or pcv.

This is what i was greeted with lol

IMG263.jpg

By the looks of it its out the pcv o ring. wheres best to get a new pcv?

Im having another tattoo today so work will be abit slower for a week or 2.

Worked on this car everyday since i brought it now and love it to bits.

booked it in for MOT this friday at datcars in cannock. I've always used them and are more "in the know" when it comes to imports/classic cars ect ect. they build/restore classic minis and win alot of shows with them so when im up there ill take some pics. ill get some decent ones of the car up aswell.slacking realy arnt i...worst build up ever lol

SO the glanza passed the MOT! Needs alot sorting though. alan at datcars wasnt happy as some of the before mentiond dodgy wiring shockd him :shok: sorted it all out now though. Badly need new wheels/tyres now though as they are buckled and i have a tyre bulge :( will post some pics up tomoz with a proper update.

Heres a recent car they have finnished building and is now up for sale, sorry for bad pics yet again.

IMG302-1.jpg

IMG303-1.jpg

IMG301-1.jpg

Edited by JDM Bear
  • 2 weeks later...

Well havent i been a busy boy. 8)

First i was getting abit tired of not having heaters so i decided i should flush the system (again) and matrix

IMG283.jpg

should have taken more pics of the sludge that came out lol

heres the only one I've got which isnt very impressive

IMG280.jpg

the heaters still arnt great but enough to de mist the screen so its an improvement.

then sprayed the sills and boot as they where scrachd and didnt look the best.

IMG265.jpg

IMG266.jpg

To this :)

IMG289.jpg

IMG288.jpg

I've swaped my wheels aswell from the horrible wolfrace buckled mess. havent got any proper pics yet though bar the pic below.

Today I've been to see Tuning Development and put my car on the roller to see how its doing and what im starting from.

They are realy great guys and very helpful, would recommend them to anyone over alot of other well known places (without naming anyone) I've been before.

whilst i was there we descoverd that the head gasket was on its last legs so didnt do the full 3 runs.

the one we did came back at 120.9bhp, which im happy with as i still need to change spark plugs and fuel filter, but as i said i wanted to see what it was AS i brought it before me messing with it :crazy:

its running rarther rich but its due to water being mixed in with air/fuel so hopfully it should be running great after head gasket change.

IMG312-1.jpg

IMG318-1.jpg

and to leave on a strange note i dressed my dog up like a bellend...

IMG305-1.jpg

The expression on your Dog's face LOL

Looks like a clean Glanza, was wondering where did you tape and mask up the sills? because I need to do my NA sills at some point and don't wanna make a mess!