Changed my thermostat and developed missfire some how...

So I changed my thermostat today, I removed a section of the inter cooler piping to do this and of course the thermostat housing.

Started it up took it for a drive it was fine, until i hit boost. It then got progressively worse, to the point it sounded like a scoob, was really hesitating 500rpm idle etc.

I took the plugs out to check for water but they are showing no signs atall.

I took the hard piping off the intercooler to see if any water had perhaps made it into this, but it seemed fine.

It has magnecore leads which appear to be in great condition, but the king lead is a standard one and has a slight nick in it but it was like this before i brought it, and wasn't an isssue I have insulated it.

Took the car for a test after all this and after a while it began to run better and idle began to become normal, it now seems boosting over the .5 ish area it's hesitating and sometimes even backfiring.

Can anyone suggest what to do and try?

Did you take the King lead off when changeing the thermostat? to give you more room

If so it might of already been breaking down but now you have moved it, its just finished it off! The King lead might be 9million years old and very brittle!!!

If you know someone with a GT/Glanza round your way see if they will kindly lend you there lead then you can go from there

yeah it's spluttering I was originally worried I overlooked the fact water may have made it's way inter the hard piping and done some damage but I'm pretty sure this is electrical. I really don't see how the water would have got into anywhere, although dizzy cap I could understand a little more. This car gives me nothing but problems if I work on it!

Haha shame i've just given a spare King lead away :( Dose sound like the King lead is faulty though after all its the king lead so if its not fireing right then neither will the rest hence it idleing at 500rpm!.

yeah, it does seem the most likely culprit, it's idling better now, it's mainly over the boost it had problems i'm going to grab the king lead in tonight and dry it off with a hair dryer and then go to town with the insulation tape, then hopefully try it out in the morning once the bays had a chance to dry out. But i will have to track a new king lead for sure!

You will be getting a weak spark from that poor king lead at a guess this is why when it's off boost it's ok but then when on boost it will blowing the weak spark out causing the misfire. I would try calling magnecour direct they will probally sell you just a king lead if you ask nicely :)

You will be getting a weak spark from that poor king lead at a guess this is why when it's off boost it's ok but then when on boost it will blowing the weak spark out causing the misfire. I would try calling magnecour direct they will probally sell you just a king lead if you ask nicely :)

Nice one, this didn't for one moment cross my mind. Going to pop them a brown nosing email and see where that gets me haha. Cheers