Plug and Play ECU above 1.2bar

Yeah it sure would :) Also some people run forged engines on the stock ecu with different compression to stock without a problem :)

Would be nice to see what use Plug and play boys can get out of these ecus considering not many people have tried them for bigish power yet so many people say they are shit without realy trying to see what they are capable of!!!

Edited by micky boy

Just turn it up :p

Nah i think its more of the unknown and the fact its safer to use a tried method of emb etc than pay for time on the rollers to get it set up for probs not much more gain or to find out it wont go much further!

I defo think it would be cool to see how far they can go :D

Cant see it costing the earth to go on the rollers just to sort fueling out its not as if they would be going through the tables of the ecu etc

And yeah to get a much better map its always going to be best to go standalone or piggyback im just intreaged to see what power these P&p's can cope with :)

I'm also curious..

Not that I'd run that myself but it'd be interesting to see the outcome. If I was even to run forged territory boost I'd go standalone (assuming I wouldn't be changing the turbo setup anytime soon)

if a different map sensor was fitted it would probably need scaling to read higher pressures like standalones do. so i cant see how it would work with these ecus.

x2, I highly doubt it would be very accurate when getting to the map sensors limits. The ecu is likely to be scaled as an exact copy of the standard unit. So won't be possible to swap to a 3 bar map sensor and expect it to read it.

x2, I highly doubt it would be very accurate when getting to the map sensors limits. The ecu is likely to be scaled as an exact copy of the standard unit. So won't be possible to swap to a 3 bar map sensor and expect it to read it.

See i did think this too

You would of thought they would be able to considering its says on the KS Rom'S website its capable of over .1.2bar running a TD04 if i remember rightly!

How true that is i do not know!!!

It may well be able to, but you would have to find out what map sensor it is that it is able to read. As we know these plug and plays are mapped to different turbo's, setups etc, so on a general I would say it wouldn't be safe to run anything past the stock map sensors limits.

It could also depend on what they used as "load", they may have used MAP as load, or RPM as load. That no one will probably ever know.

Edited by AdamB

What im getting at here is say i fitted a Gtfour celica map sensor (Reads to 1.8bar) and they dont need scaling, Will the ecu continue to fuel it as how i see it working the ecu will fuel what it needs ie seeing more pressure than 1.2 bar.

And yeh of course it will need setting up, i will be buying a Wideband and possibly FPR to see what sort of figures im getting, try and get a few runs on a dyno too.

Im only considering it on say a small garret or similiar (WEPR GT-FS kit or etc), As these modern turbos run relatively high boost to the older designs off turbos.

Im very interested in seeing what the ecu is capable of.