Ep91 lightweight doors!!!

That made you look !!!

As some of you are aware the weight of these things are awful if you've ever took of your doors you know what I'm saying they seem light when using them but there not

Can any traders on here look at making light weight ones or a group buy I'm sure others are interested I'm not keen on paying for the cruise ones carbon would be better I've seen them on evo's

Regards gee

yea dan is nothing to lol at! its a serious matter!

however gee he has a point that you realy should only run em with a full cage. your cage doest have door bars so you would be removing the only side impact protection you have if you bin your oem doors. check my ep85 thread for a full 9 point cusco cage if you arnt familiar with door bars :D

yea chrome is a marmite thing i think. perfect paint n shiney stuff aint my tase. but thats why i have a dirty 4wd with lots of flock and rally insperation and you have an uber shiney glanza lol keeps the interest in the scene for us all to be different.

as for the doors i think you will be looking at more a one of than a gb as not enough lads have fullcages. poly windows and gutted to hell oem doors saves a ton of weight though if your that fussed. also all that door furniture is bulky too. I've just got a totaly flat door card made of very light material.

this is a mates car over here this is what i had in mind just wanted the trader to point it out that carbon on its own would be no good

i can get all the metrials just wouldnt know where to start to make them best left to the pros

A105C400-433C-447C-8D20-7353FB58B0CE-126-0000001262C24A63.jpg

F44F9D87-7E56-4207-B142-B240AC6B00C5-126-000000126E85C279.jpg

76FFC6D0-A25B-4CDA-B023-7C5BC3BAACF4-126-000000128783C157.jpg

D0D97EF8-A9AF-4711-A73B-054A4551EB18-126-00000012A865F762.jpg

this car is almost all carbon kevlar

wings bumpers doors boot

my thoughts were why lay fiberglass on the backing will see

Thats a Pretty Epic build but like shorty said. it needs side impact bars and i really wouldn't trust carbon over steel.

I'm planning on hollowing the doors out on my RX8. you can save a shed load of weight just by doing that and before you ask, my RX8 is going to have a MSA spec roll cage.

It's something I've looked in to.

We can have Kevlar doors made but nobody would pay the price. Well, maybe one or two but it would not be a worthy investment.

Once we have FRP tailgates on the market (very very soon), our supplier will be starting on EP91 door moulds.

Door bars will definitely be needed though. It would be very silly to have FRP doors without them (IMO).

As Idrees has just said its alot of money to invest in moulds etc for only a few sales I am in the long run going to be building my own carbon/ carbon kevlar doors but it wouldn't be in your timescale I'm talking sometime next year really these could be made with no real inner skin so would be extremely light weight! 1 thing though I have considered making a carbon Fibre door pannel so it don't have the window frame that will basically allow you to cut and leave around 1.5" around the origonal door and bond this Light weight carbon panel on obviously then you could take as much weight as possible out of the origonal door so it would still be extremely Light strong and be cost effective