Crank pulley removal

That bolt can be a right bitch to remove i think they are ment to be torqued down at 155nm iirc.

My mate had this issue recently and what he did was remove 1 of his spark plugs and put a rope down the spark plug bore and he mananged to get it trapped inside the engine so it cannot cannot turn and it worked..I personally would not reccomend this tho

Edited by H_D

Ok well your gna need a buzz gun then. Did you have the passenger side wheel on the deck when you were doing so?

It just takes some persistance and send a bit of shock through the bolt as it will be very tight to stop the engine undoing itself.

If you have both drive shafts still in place and the gearbox is all intact then gear and brakes should have locked it I find that strange unless your clutch is slipping.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Ok well your gna need a buzz gun then. Did you have the passenger side wheel on the deck when you were doing so?

It just takes some persistance and send a bit of shock through the bolt as it will be very tight to stop the engine undoing itself.

If you have both drive shafts still in place and the gearbox is all intact then gear and brakes should have locked it I find that strange unless your clutch is slipping.

Yes both wheels are on the ground thats what i thought it should stop the crank turning but its not doing, never had a problem with my cluth slipping either so im abit confused at the minute

That bolt can be a right bitch to remove i think they are ment to be torqued down at 155nm iirc.

My mate had this issue recently and what he did was remove 1 of his spark plugs and put a rope down the spark plug bore and he mananged to get it trapped inside the engine so it cannot cannot turn and it worked..I personally would not reccomend this tho

I will pass on this one if you dont mind, dont like the idea of putting stuff down my engine other then plugs haha

If they are torqued to 155NM then it shouldn't be hard to come off 155 isn't very tight at all. Its more to do with the time its been on for the heat of the engine and the fact the engine turns when its on.

Try a buzz gun buddy if that fails you will need some oxy acetylene to heat it up.

If they are torqued to 155NM then it shouldn't be hard to come off 155 isn't very tight at all. Its more to do with the time its been on for the heat of the engine and the fact the engine turns when its on.

Try a buzz gun buddy if that fails you will need some oxy acetylene to heat it up.

Thanks for the advise matey, just managed to get it off now.

1st gear didnt do it so tryed 2nd with more force and got it

CHeers fellas

Or you can be dangerous like me. Get a 2ft strong arm with a socket on the bolt (19mm iirc?) then get a assistant to flick the engine over on the starter motor while holding the bar against the floor. That's how I did charls on my drive before I got my lock up. :D

Or you can be dangerous like me. Get a 2ft strong arm with a socket on the bolt (19mm iirc?) then get a assistant to flick the engine over on the starter motor while holding the bar against the floor. That's how I did charls on my drive before I got my lock up. :D

haha brave but not a bad idea i suppose.

You dont by anychane know if you have to take the oil pump off to get to the crank seal or just the pulley on the oil pump itself do you ?

Cheers aaron