Spacers bolts etc.

Im going to be getting some new wheels in jan/feb time.

The fronts hit the caliper carriers, how big a spacers can i run on my standard studs without endangering the threads and that? Ill need to skim some metal off the carrier but the way i see it the less the better!

And opinions on these nuts, ive heard how crap the alloy ones are, and i simply just dont trust something that light holding my wheels on. Plus the 21mm socket hits the wheel centre and ill be pissed if i scratch them after a refurb!

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12x1-5-Wheel-EXTENDED-Steel-Lug-Nuts-NEO-CHROME-JDM-Open-End-20pcs-M12xP1-5-/251178051352?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item3a7b60e718

Unsure about the colour on them aswell, i like it cause its different but i dunno whether itll look poo or not!

Cheers!!

Right i now understand, hubcentric to me usually just means the centrebore is the right size for the car lol!

My problem is i dont think i can get away with a spacer of that size, as ill be running 7j low offset ats on the front.

What do you guys think of them bolts, will they be shite quality?

if your using open ended nuts, why dont you just longer studs for the piece of mind

Dont you have to press the hub centre out? cant really afford to get both bearings doen as we havent got a press at work

I think you can do them on the car, i think theres a small notch out on the hub meaning the stud can be removed with it in situe

The other option, which SR's have standard is sleeved nuts which can be seen here

About 3/4's the way down the page with a little ET sign next to them
/>http://www.mistertee.co.uk/6.html

The thread goes down through the hole in the wheel

Edited by morgey

Ahh, that might be handy, although i do really want some extended nuts really, think theyll look wicked with the ats', if i can change the studs without doing the bearings id rather do that, what studs would i need?