Glanza and na alternator the same ?

Ahh thank god for that :) I have what I think is called power drain and a weird noise from the alternator, when I have stereo, lights, wipers and heaters on my alternator wines :( turn a few things off and it stop! Done some research on here and it seems like I need to replace it :)

When I use my windows the lights dip and so do my revs :-/

I replaced the battery this evening for a brand new Bosch s4 and it still does it

James

Edited by jimmymac101

they are not the same, the snow edition glanza and GT alternators are slight different in size

pulleys are the same, mounting points and adjuster is the same, plugs are the same

only difference is size of the windings. they are a good half an inch longer in the GT alternator

heres the difference.

alternator2.jpg

ran them both on my GT. right hand side is GT, left hand side is n/a

So buy second hand or get it re conditioned ? Any ideas what this could set me back ?

James

If you get it reconditioned atleast you know its in perfect condition and will work for quite some time! However it is much easier to buy another one lol.

As long as its the same shape plug it will fit but they are not the same the internals are different. They use a different size shaft and bearings. The n/a and glanza use an oval plug where as my gt one is round plug.

Prob better to get it re-cond. I looked at a new one when my bearings went and it wasn't cheap. Only cost me £16 for 2 new bearings.

Rob

Its the battery that starts the car, not the alternator. The alternator only provides current when the engine is running.

If its struggling to start, it could either be the battery is not good enough for cold conditions, or you have a drain somewhere.